General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My Civic has been Stolen!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: My Civic has been Stolen!!!!

well its not actualy a pager........ its a remote control.... and if your outta range it wont get the signal... and the range depends on the surroundings and interference!

i have one on my civic...
great t hing to have and well worth the extra money for them!!!!!
Name:  civicALARM006.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  14.7 KB

but its not an actual PAGER... like a cell phone... MORE LIKE A 2way radio... if they are outta range it wont get the signal.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:38 AM

Well, they found it last night! The good news is that it is not completely stripped or wrecked. They found it about 4 miles from where it was stolen and it was sitting on the rotors. The only thing they got away with was the wheels/tires, intake and the stereo system.

I am actually surprised they didn't take the suspension or anything else. The cop said they must have liked my wheels. That's pretty weak!! Stealing a car just for the wheels. Oh well at least I got it back. They used a "jiggle key" to get in. I have never heard of that but I guess it is a Honda key filed down that they just put in the lock and push it in and out really quick and they can be in your car in 3-4 seconds. It also works on the ignition.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:55 AM

ORIGINAL: 94EXSedan

They used a "jiggle key" to get in. I have never heard of that but I guess it is a Honda key filed down that they just put in the lock and push it in and out really quick and they can be in your car in 3-4 seconds. It also works on the ignition.
i've heard of those. pretty freaky, especially since it's so easy to do. there's more to it than just jiggling the key to get it to work, but it's still falling off the log simple. i think this is the biggest reason why new cars have a chip embedded in the keys.

and "bumping" works just as esasily on home locks, so be warned. i've heard of people having troubles with getting insurance to pay for the losses since there's no evidence of a break-in, since these things work just like a normal key.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:22 AM
gwl
HCF Member

That great that you got your car back. The ones you have to worry about, is the guys with the tow trucks.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:49 AM

thats good you got it back! congrats!
it alsopays to have a surveilance cam in your house hooked up to your pc or recorder maybe.

@ addiction2bass
that's a cool gadget. i think i'll get that too, but y do you have 2 sets of keys? do they come together?

Old 08-30-2007, 10:04 AM
HCF Member

Sweet! you got your car back! so how much is insurance going to cover?

Old 08-30-2007, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

AWESOME!!!!!!!! i glad you got your back. it must be a good feeling for you now. so whats the lesson in all this? get a car alarm. Good Luck

Old 08-30-2007, 10:23 AM

Alarm and kill switch the way to go...

Old 08-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Recognized HCF Member

its not two sets of keys... thats the factory keyless entry remote control... i have 2 of them.LOL i also have 5sets of keys. 1 original ugly master key, 2 new master keys and 2 valet keys...

see good thing about the VALET keys is they are wider so the valet people or mechanics cannt unlock your trunk release inside handle and cannt open the trunk from the outside key.... helps alittle from just keeping prying eyes outta your stuff!!!! but they could just sand the key down and it would work still BUT just a small precaution...

GOOD to hear ya got it back mostly in 1 piece.... hope ya still got the stock tires to slap back on it.
but rims are probably the MAIN reason cars are stolen.... its quicker to hot wire the car and drive it to THIER location to strip the rims off and see if ya got anything else they could steal.... like a performance motor or any of the stereo... that way they can just pull it into a garage strip it at thier leasure and not be in a huge rush......

PLUS with the suspension... most theives wont touch it cause THEY HAVE to have some type of suspension on the car to ditch it...
like another guy i kinda know had his civic stolen that had airbags on it... well they GUTTED the civic and all kinds of madness to it and even pulled the air cylinders off and replaced them with a stock suspension!!!!!!! and stock steelies...

Old 08-30-2007, 01:22 PM

i remember from where i come from, if someone gets in a car/vehicle accident, if you own the vehicle, but you are injured and/or unconscious, the people will take you to a nearby hospital or doctor.but dont expect your car to still be lying there.parts would be gone,and your car could just be standing on blocks!

@addiction2bass
dude, on this long weekend, i'm going to have a remote starter installed, and i'm lucky i know someone who can just Tap the factory keyless entry remote to the remote starter controls. cool!

Quick Reply: My Civic has been Stolen!!!!