General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My days as a Hondaman are over...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 02:23 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: My days as a Hondaman are over...

meh, that'll rub right out...

Old 03-27-2007, 02:23 PM
HCF Member

Female drivers FTL!

Old 03-27-2007, 03:16 PM

I thought you said it was green?

Old 03-27-2007, 03:24 PM
HCF Member

It is green, but cell phone cameras suck like a warp driven vaccum cleaner.

And no, I wish I could use the world's biggest pops-a-dent, but the unibody behind the rear quarterpanel is bent in too (which is why the brake light cracked IMO). Also, the rear suspension at the least may be damaged from the impact. I'm just glad the toothpick arm didn't break.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:39 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Impreza WRX

Well, today I got in a bit of a pickle in my Civic. I got onto US1, right lane, and as I was just giving it the beans I got tackled by an SUV. As is always a case, when it's car vs. SUV the car always loses. In my case it was me vs. four old ladys on their way to Key West. With my worthless word against theirs, I got the short end of the stick, and a rubbish ticket for "not yielding when entering a highway". I think stopping, then waiting for traffic to clear qualifies as yielding. Whatever. My car is like totaled five times over, so there will be no resurrecting the Green Rice Free Honda Civic. The shame. So, I won't be visiting these forums anymore, maybe once in a while when my stepbrother needs a Civic question. This has been a good place to get info and knowledge about the inner workings of the Honda.

In other news, someone wants to sell me their 1992 SAAB 900 S. The best part? It's a 5 speed! While it is not the Turbo model, it still gets going faster than the Civic, being the much better 2.1L L4, and it is 33% less money to insure, which will balance out my going to be higher already higher insurance rates.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

my bro had a saab, that bring broke down more than anything i noe, and parts were $$$$, anyway good luck to u with the saab, jus rememebr parts are a bitch 2 pay for that car

Old 03-27-2007, 04:47 PM
HCF Member

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/494805/remove_car_dents_with_dry_ice/

Try this, it might help.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:23 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

Female drivers FTL!
RHD is going to be angry with you..... Lolll

Old 03-28-2007, 05:48 PM

Yeah! I know that color. My civic is the exact same but you have hub caps, where as I have ugly honda crash rims.[sm=hail.gif]

My friend calls it "low vis green", at night or inpoor lighting conditions it looks grey. My ex used to make fun of meby calling ita girly name: seafoam green[:'(]. But she drove a Scumfire that was in the shop every other weekso she had nothing on me.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:56 PM

Man that sux well im glad your OK good luck with the SaaB

Old 03-28-2007, 10:55 PM
HCF Member

I'm gonna need it. The SAAB is at the 155,000 mile mark, which means many things have to be fixed.

Firstly, the ignition key circuit is draining power when off, so we got to find out where that is going.

Secondly, the passenger CV axle inner joint is right above the exhaust pipe, and at this stage of life it warrants repacking it with grease which has surely dried up by now. There is rubber deterioration on the boot, which means I may have to call up Marty at Raxles Inc. again for a set of remans, just to be on the safe side.

Thirdly, at the 150 mark the timing chain might be going down, so I got to get the car on the highway somehow (all this before actually buying it) to check for that and for...

Fourthly, I got to see if the gearbox is still a gearbox while on the highway. It shifts really easy like the synchros are in good shape, but that is not to say the gears themselves may be worn.

Fithly, I got to fix the crack in the windshield, or better yet, find a windshield for this car.

Sixthly, I have to make sure the hydraulic lifters are lifting right. If they aren't, I'll be screwed over twice when I go to get onto US1.

And last but not least, the paint is worn down, so she needs repainting. Not that the Civic was in just as much need of a paint job...

On a brighter note, I like the broad and spacious torque (all 133 ft-lbs. at 2850 RPM ), the easy gear changes, the double awesome suspension, and the way the hood opens. I just wish it got better than 26 MPG Highway...

Quick Reply: My days as a Hondaman are over...