General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

my new daily driver project...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 05:14 PM
HCF Member
Default my new daily driver project...

sorry no pics for now, the pc im workin withs all skitish about uploading stuff...idk
anywho, 2000 civic ex, 160k, 5 speed, 2 door.
no current upgrades. my over all goal for this car is to get great civic gas mileage, put a little more oomph in this d16, stiffen the chassis a bit, lowering springs, front brakes, and a couple of body and interior mods. I want to be different without screaming, RICERRR!!!! naturaly aspirated of course.
i have some questions about these little civic engines. firstly what heads would fit the d16? like would b16 heads flow better and line up right?
but my to do list so far includes respraying the aftermarket wheels the car came with black and polish the lips as well as a couple other little pieces to set the car off. window tint, smoked tail light lenses, an si spoiler, and "eye lid" headlamp covers will finish the body mods off.
performance wise ill be upgrading to some ceramic pads, bigger discs, (any info on some well priced parts would be help full), eibach lowering springs, strut tower bars and anything else thats cheap enough but will stiffen this car up a bit more. pace setter exhaust headers, magnaflow cat back, weapon r ram air intake, touch up the ignition with wires and plugs, maybe an amplifier. maybe a new intake manifold, throttle body and all those goodies, depends on where the other mods take me.
any info or other projects that have used these parts or have a similar idea would be helpful too!
thanks again, see you at the finish line!