General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My Next Mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 01:17 AM
Default My Next Mod

i have a 500 dollars and don't know what route to go. i've decided to do 1 of 3 things. i'm thinking of a new camshaft,header, or shocks and springs. i currently have a aem sri a custom cat back exhaust and my timing is advanced. i want opinions of which would be the best route to take as my next modification. the only reason i have shocks/springs as a mod is because my rear driver side shock is taking a dump on me.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: My Next Mod

Shocks and Springs, hands down the best way to spend 500 bones IMHO. Its the one mod that I've noticed the most improvement with.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:34 PM

slam that biatch no question about it

Old 06-13-2006, 09:22 PM

slam it, i noticed alot with both the civics i have had, better handleing, better stance(look) all around good mod...

Old 06-13-2006, 09:55 PM

I'm with them, slam that biatch. Unless, you still have the factory stereo in, if you do, replace the stereo and the speakers.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:37 PM
HCF Member

Open a savings account. Wait another 6 months, get another 500$ in there, pm me for my phone number and I will piece u a turbo kit for 1,000.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:16 AM

i also like pete's idea...lol...

Old 06-14-2006, 02:16 AM

so you think the header and the camshaft is out of the qusetion? i have a clarion deck and sony xplode 6 1/2 4 ways and power acoustik tweeters. my rear speakers are stock. the turbo kit sounds like a idea but my friend has a custom setup he's willing to sell me for $900. that's the turbo, intercooler, piping,wastegate,bov,turbo meter,air fuel meter, a pilliar and the turbo manifold. that he had on his y8. maybe i can talk him down with a trade of my motegi mr7's. i didn't get the tires on the mr7's for my birthday. i ended up with h rated negotiatior tires on my stock steelies. cheap family members. oh well the tires i have are definetly making me happy. i'm grabbing a whole lot better. if i go with suspension mods i definetly don't want my car dropped on it's nuts. i'm looking for something like a 1" drop. shocks are a must though. i would also be willing to trade my wheels for some aftermarket shocks or struts whatever my car has.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:23 PM
HCF Member

I would get a header and complete the system with a high flow cat, that way you're done with the exhaust.

Then from there I would do some suspension work. Then on to a cam. Just my opinion.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: pWnEdU

I would get a header and complete the system with a high flow cat, that way you're done with the exhaust.

Then from there I would do some suspension work. Then on to a cam. Just my opinion.
Wasted money if he ever plans to go turbo...

I stand by my statement, suspension should be the first upgrade everyone does IMO. I saw the most improvement with that mod.

And I never said to "slam it," that **** is pointless. Get an aggresive yet comfortable suspension with minimal drop as to avoid rubbing

Quick Reply: My Next Mod