General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My Si vs. Rx-8 Auto?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: My Si vs. Rx-8 Auto?

Yeah i kind of figured that it would be fairly close with a rolling start. I plan on waiting to run him at the local track here soon il let you guys know how it goes.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:59 AM
HCF Member

rx-8s have rotary engines which are gay, you might have a chance though

Old 04-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: jason_hann53

rx-8s have rotary engines which are gay, you might have a chance though
lol, thats the most ignorant thing I've read today

Old 04-15-2007, 11:03 AM
HCF Member

hey i have my reasons lol. a) they use alot more fuel because of hte low compression ratio. they also produce more emmisions, and are alot slower because the rotars spin at one third of the output shaft. but they are good too i guess, having less moving parts so less wear and tear. haha i guess i take that back, but i still prefer a normal, piston engine

Old 04-15-2007, 12:26 PM
HCF Member

Well i got some news and a big boost of confidence last night! I was riding around with my buddy (rx-8) and we ran into a kid we knew in a 96 Gsr and after talking they wanted to race we all kind of thought the gsr would get smoked but it took him by like 3 car lengths in about a 1/2 mile straight. And the gsr killed him off the line lol i was really shocked! MY friend was thouroughly dissapointed in his 8 lol. The gsr had only apexi n1 cat back, a high flow cat and a aem short ram intake. So i think it will make for a really good race!

Old 04-15-2007, 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: jason_hann53

hey i have my reasons lol. a) they use alot more fuel because of hte low compression ratio. they also produce more emmisions, and are alot slower because the rotars spin at one third of the output shaft. but they are good too i guess, having less moving parts so less wear and tear. haha i guess i take that back, but i still prefer a normal, piston engine
Yeah, everyone knows that Gay people use a lot more fuel, produce more emissions and are a lot slower because their rotors spin at one third of their output shaft.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:08 PM

btw; i think the auto rx have alot less hp then a manual...

A "buddy of a buddy" if you will had a stick shift one; pretty quick. I did kill it w/ my mustang though. Let us know how it turns out; being that its an auto w/ less hp and it has to down shift, you might get surprised.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 97 Black Civic

Yeah, everyone knows that Gay people use a lot more fuel, produce more emissions and are a lot slower because their rotors spin at one third of their output shaft.
i said that i dont like rotary engines, i didnt say people who have them are gay. next time read the post dumbass

Old 04-15-2007, 08:33 PM
HCF Member

Yay! Flame war ftw!
Can you guys just pm each other to talk trash please? Some people who have no life like me and like to read every single thing that has ever been posted don't appreciate reading people's posts flaming each other. Please grow up. Thanks!

Old 04-15-2007, 11:44 PM
HCF Member

haha sorry

Quick Reply: My Si vs. Rx-8 Auto?