General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My story

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 02:04 AM
HCF Member
Default My story

So heneway I got a turbo kit for Christmas. It has been half in my room and half in the garage for the whole time. About two weeks ago I was in the process of setting up my schedule to take it in to get it installed.

On the way to school I am stopped at a light and go to spit my gum out the window. It hits the window and bounces off. I lean down to pick it up and I let my foot off the brake and I o so gently tap the car in front of me. I laughed because of how slow it was. It transfered like a black smudge from my liscence plate frame to her bumper. It was an old camry btw. She wouldn't let me touch it and took down all my info. I told her to call me before she files because with the rates of a under 18 year old I would rather pay cash and I am thinking that she will realize their is no damage and stop being gay.

So the rents are like hold off on the turbo to see what happens.

Well a week goes by and nothing and I am driving through a light and bottom out in a deep frickin hard, I shove the front fenders up and it shoves my radiator almost through my hood. Great, another frickin problem. My radiator was cracked and my hood wouldn't even close. I was sooo screwed. However I found some one man show who fixed everything included a new radiator for only 375. He did all the body work flawlessly and everyting is great.

It has now been over two weeks and the lady hadn't called, I was psyched but then she finally calls and she says it is going to be 500 dollars. I am currently waiting for the estimate sheet.

THis sucks because now I can't install my friend (turbo) and my savings is down to like 300 dollars and I only have like 200 in my wallet and I am going to europe in march and need like a grand for spending money.

Thats my story, it sucks/

Old 02-04-2006, 02:13 AM
NTX
HCF Member
Default RE: My story

That sucks. Be sure to have a good look at her estimate before you agree to pay.

Old 02-04-2006, 11:15 AM

that sucks that simple things turn into such pain in the ***'s. Sorry and good luck with everything, seems like everyone's gettin a turbo around here lately

Old 02-04-2006, 12:55 PM

Damn man that sucks, I hope everything works out for ya. That kinda happened to my g/f except she was in her cavilier and let off the break at a stop light and bumped the back of guess what.......AN AMBULANCE LOL!!! I wasnt with her but it was funny as hell when she told me I couldnt stop laughing.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:03 PM

i wonder what they do if there on their way to somewhere. and get bmped

Old 02-04-2006, 01:05 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ntxmotorsports

That sucks. Be sure to have a good look at her estimate before you agree to pay.
I'm kind of sol in the whole situation because I don't want to go through insurance and if I give her a hard time she will just file and that will be more money in the end.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:04 PM

so 500 for what? detailing? i would have the insurance deal with it. then spend $75 on driver improvement to get your rate lowered again. thats your best bet imo.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:17 PM

sorry dude, that lady is a bitch. Hope you can get it boosted in the near future.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:49 AM
HCF Member

oh, and you should have filed with the road department for them to fix your car. they are responsible for keeping the streets up to driving standards. if a street causes damage to your car, they are usually made to pay.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

holy crap $500!..you should of spit on it and wiped the scruff marks off lol...thats stupid

Quick Reply: My story