General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My turbo build.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:22 PM
HCF Member
Default My turbo build.

First things first the petty stuff. last night i got smoked on the track. by a LS/Vtec hatchback and i was like my car should sound like that when it goes vtec haha my car tops at 6700RPM. he had a chipped p28 hitting like 8500 rpms. omfg that thing was SOOOOO FAST!!! i had him off the line once he stoped pealing out, i lost with my AUTO P28 =-( so first things first

Next week
Hondata s300 and while they doing that have them convert it to manual, I was kind a shocked when i called $595.00 out the door for it and it takes 30 min? i was like huh? how so fast? he was like we tune 200 cars a day. gotta be fast. i was like uh okay. so im going to have them put hondata in it and see how much he will charge me for a little pos tune. just to have fun before i get my parts

turbo is coming from here http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...ries+Turbo+Kit EVEN THOUGH THE TURBO IS NOT BALL BEARING IM KINDA DEPRESSED!

im getting all the fuel components off honda-tech market place. i found bluetop 450cc dsm injectors for $50- and i found a greddy rs bov for 120. so thoes should be here shortly. Does anyone know a good boost manageing unit? that has turbo timer and all thoes goodies. is heard some stuff about greddy e-manage but its LIKE $800!!!!!!

next is the fuel pump. then to figure out how the hell in the eck. im going to install the turbo never done it before thinking about having it professionaly done even though iv done all the work on my car so far i feal like im cheating.

Last edited by Cyphen; 07-06-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:34 PM

Hondata s300 has an option for boost management. I bet you can search around on www.hondata.com and find some info on how to get it etc etc. E-emanage is garbage IMO. As for a turbo timer, you can pick them up for about $50-$60 used, or about $30 (I think) on eBay. If you are thinking about buying gauges, check out the AEM Truboost gauge. It's a little pricey compared to most boost gauges, but it has an electronic boost controller built into it.

If you need some turbo parts, I have an intercooler, piping, BOV, and a few other things from my Civic for sale. Check the link.
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...321#post654321

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 07-06-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:53 PM
HCF Member

Subscribed yo!

lol and yeah croninc and cvcrcr99 both just cut off their turbo build so hit tham up for parts

Old 07-06-2009, 03:13 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Hondata s300 has an option for boost management. I bet you can search around on www.hondata.com and find some info on how to get it etc etc. E-emanage is garbage IMO. As for a turbo timer, you can pick them up for about $50-$60 used, or about $30 (I think) on eBay. If you are thinking about buying gauges, check out the AEM Truboost gauge. It's a little pricey compared to most boost gauges, but it has an electronic boost controller built into it.

If you need some turbo parts, I have an intercooler, piping, BOV, and a few other things from my Civic for sale. Check the link.
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...321#post654321
Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Subscribed yo!

lol and yeah croninc and cvcrcr99 both just cut off their turbo build so hit tham up for parts
yeah man thanks for the info, but iv ran into another problem been so busy with the parts i forgot about exhaust... is it absolutely nessesary? or can i get by for a month or two with the stock exhaust and turbo. and i ran into another problem as wonder as the people installing hondata are they don't convert ecus to manual and i dont know anyone that does it around here anyone have any information on who does it im in reseda ca my zip is 91335 btw that aem true boost gauge is amazeing but $335?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ouch.! BTW IF SOMONE WANTS TO CONVERT MY ECU HERE AND KNOWS WTF THEIR DOING ID BE GLAD TO SHIP TO TRUST WORTHY MEMBER!

Last edited by Cyphen; 07-06-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cyphen
yeah man thanks for the info, but iv ran into another problem been so busy with the parts i forgot about exhaust... is it absolutely nessesary? or can i get by for a month or two with the stock exhaust and turbo. and i ran into another problem as wonder as the people installing hondata are they don't convert ecus to manual and i dont know anyone that does it around here anyone have any information on who does it im in reseda ca my zip is 91335 btw that aem true boost gauge is amazeing but $335?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I don't think stock exhaust piping would be ideal. Turbo's do not like backpressure, and they need a free-er flowing exhaust. If you really need for something to be temporary, just run like an open downpipe/cat.

Truboost = $300 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-T...%3A1|72%3A1171)
-or-
Electrical boost gauge (not some junk brand) = $100 (or so)
Electrical boost controller (again, not manual, not junk brand) = $200 or more new.

I like the truboost gauge only because it's two things built into one. Instead of fumbling around with two things regarding your boost set-up, you have one..lol

For the Hondata, you might be able to find a p28 installed s300 for about $500. Check places like Honda-tech, and all those other forums.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:43 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Cyphen

im getting all the fuel components off honda-tech market place. i found bluetop 450cc dsm injectors for $50- and i found a greddy rs bov for 120.
lol thought u were talking about mine cause I have them posted on HT cause those are the same prices as mine hahaha

Old 07-06-2009, 07:12 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
I don't think stock exhaust piping would be ideal. Turbo's do not like backpressure, and they need a free-er flowing exhaust. If you really need for something to be temporary, just run like an open downpipe/cat.

Truboost = $300 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-T...%3A1|72%3A1171)
-or-
Electrical boost gauge (not some junk brand) = $100 (or so)
Electrical boost controller (again, not manual, not junk brand) = $200 or more new.

I like the truboost gauge only because it's two things built into one. Instead of fumbling around with two things regarding your boost set-up, you have one..lol

For the Hondata, you might be able to find a p28 installed s300 for about $500. Check places like Honda-tech, and all those other forums.
thats cool thanks for the information but do you have any information on what i can do about this ****ing automatic p28?? where i can get teh thingr converted to manual, stu sent me some stuff about how to do it but he said its not recommended unless you know what you are doing, in my occasion i dont iv never even seen the inside of a ECU i know its a circuit board and thats about it. yeah i was looking around for exhaust but the only thing i worry about is down here, we haver alot of police and i dont want them to see a modified exhaust and pull me over and then be like sir please pop the hood. the way my car looks with teh stock exhaust is nice because no cops look at it. i sold me other exhaust cause it sounded like a coffee can on the end of the pipe. but im going to look around honda-tech market place maybe somone has a pipe i found a guy with greddy exhaust but it was for the RSX he was selling it for 200.