General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Need advice please, just bought a civic!

Old 02-22-2009, 08:54 AM
HCF Member

Hey welcome to the forums fellow Canadian. I live down in the windsor area myself.

Reaper knows what he is talking about, so listen to him. As far as new headlights you can either buy black JDM housing style or projector style. A lot of people here don't like projectors (I do however and plan to get some) but those are your options. And PLEASE keep your OEM tail lights. No one has ever made a good set of aftermarket tails for our gen of civic.

The d16y8 is an excellent engine. its is rock solid and as long as you make sure your timing belt is replaced at the proper intervals, you should have no problems with it. Besides which, you do not need DOCH. People with 2 cams are clearly trying too hard =P.

As far as badging goes, Don't do it. Civics get jacked alot and putting an SiR badge on your car is like painting a target on it. Just leave it as it is or remove it even, then they may just consider it a DX or EX and leave it alone.

For wheels, do not get 17s. You make the car heavier and you make lowering it more difficult. Plus bigger wheels are more expensive. 15s or 16s are fine as long as you get the right style

Places to shop in Canada are few and far between. Try and find a local place if you can. Some ebay sellers are not too bad on shipping and because of NAFTA, there should not be much duty, just GST.

However a good site I have found is http://www.tunerspec.ca/ His online cataloge is pretty barren but just click on the link of brands we carry to see what he can get and then email him with a list of what you want. he has always replied to me within 24 hours, has great prices and the shipping is pretty reasonable.

Good luck and enjoy your civic.

Last edited by Tiran; 02-22-2009 at 09:19 AM.