General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Need a clutch...where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Default Need a clutch...where to buy?

I'm pretty sure I need a new clutch, as I think I'm still on the original at 164k miles on my 94 ex. I've been searchin around ebay and whatnot for some clutches and they seem nice and cheap, but are they to be trusted? I know nobody really recommends ebay for such things, especially drivetrain components, but I'm broke as hell and wanna go with the cheapest option possible because I don't think I'll be keeping the car for long. I wanna keep it as OEM as possible.

OR, would it be better to just go down to my local Advance Auto/Pep Boys/Napa/Autozone and grab an OEM clutch from them? Anybody know how much they are going for these days?

Also, would I be able to install it myself? I'd love to do it myself, to keep cost low and learn some more things about repairing a car but I don't have access to a motor stand or a big lift or anything.

Someone link me to a nice cheap OEM clutch for a 94 EX?

Old 12-03-2007, 10:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Need a clutch...where to buy?

well...if you stick to name brands on ebay you should be find...exedy clutches arn't that bad. If you want to do the work more power to you!...

as for cluch at autozone/bla bla bla...i just purchased a Duralast (autozone) clutch set and flywheel for about 144 and another 60 for the flywheel... but that was for presure plate, throwout bearing..everything..its sitting right next to me and is going to be installed with my dx tranny that is in the garrage...

I dont know how well they hold up but they have a 1 year warrenty on them so thats reasuring.

as for installing it..i can't help you there...im sure someone will comment on how to instal it without a hoist...

good luck with the replacement.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Recognized HCF Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330168538403

thats who i bought mine from on ebay. about 90bucks and works great....

Old 12-04-2007, 06:12 AM

Perfect timing me and my brother are installing a clutch in my 94 ex without a stand. I searched around and bought a stock one at kraigens, they were the cheapest I could find.
First we took out the intake and stuff that got in the way of the tranny. After that we took off the tranny and let it drop to the floor and thats where were stuck at. None of my family has time to get my flywheel resurfaced so the whole project is stopped for right now.
Are you doing this yourself? It would be really hard.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:20 PM

If you have an O'Reilly Auto Parts close by, take the Autozone clutch back and get one from O'reilly. They have a lifetime warranty.
ORIGINAL: Hailchristian

well...if you stick to name brands on ebay you should be find...exedy clutches arn't that bad. If you want to do the work more power to you!...

as for cluch at autozone/bla bla bla...i just purchased a Duralast (autozone) clutch set and flywheel for about 144 and another 60 for the flywheel... but that was for presure plate, throwout bearing..everything..its sitting right next to me and is going to be installed with my dx tranny that is in the garrage...

I dont know how well they hold up but they have a 1 year warrenty on them so thats reasuring.

as for installing it..i can't help you there...im sure someone will comment on how to instal it without a hoist...

good luck with the replacement.