General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Need help with 96 Civic EX Car alarm!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Default Need help with 96 Civic EX Car alarm!

Normally my remote keyless entry would work but I locked my car with it last night and this morning it won't unlock the car. Locking the car with the remote entry turns the alarm on. Well, my alarm keeps going off and off and off untill I close the door and leave it alone.
With the alarm being on and all I can't crank the car. I changed the battery on my keyless remote in hopes that would work but it didn't help. I've tried dissconnecting the battery and waiting but it just starts blaring when I plug it back in. I've read about a valet button being on the factory default stereo but I don't have a factory direct stereo, can anyone help me out?

Old 11-19-2005, 11:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Need help with 96 Civic EX Car alarm!

what!!..the same thing happend to me friday morning sorta, everytime i unlocked my car with the keyless and alarm, it would lock back up..i had no choice but to open the trunk with my key, crawl two the front of my car and the valet switch wasent working to shut it off ..so i had to drive it to my heated guarge with the alarm going off (it was freezing and snowing outside) and take the panel for my dash out and take my alarm apart (first time doing it cuz i dident install it, its a factory alarm), finially it went off...i put it back in when i got home from school, havent tried it this weekend but ill check tomorow...but i dont think im going to put it back in, just because i dont want that happining to me if im at like school or somthing..im just going to get a viper soon...so alls i can say is just disconect the alarm by pulling the fuses from it and taking the brain out