General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

need help...car wont start,think its a fuel issue i think....

Old 02-26-2008, 05:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: need help...car wont start,think its a fuel issue i think....

so it couldnt maybe be that the fuel rail is getting clogged in the middle or something???...i did replace the head gasket about 4 months ago but i never really had this trouble....from alot of the things i read on honda tech i think maybe my timing slipped....ill have to check that tomm cause if i cant get it working by tomm im gonna have to have it towed and i REALLY dont want that.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Look at how it goes together. Fuel enters one end of the rail and comes out the other. If it were clogged in the middle none would come out. There's no way injectors 1 and 4 could get fuel but not 2 and 3.

Check the timing, check the compression. If the head gasket has blown out between cylinders 2 and 3, both of those cylinders will be inoperable. That will be readily detectable with a compression test.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:07 PM
HCF Member

yeah i just have no idea what to check next....im gonna check the timing tomm but i dont have enough money to get the kit to test the compression since i spent so much today.It seems like the closest time i get it to start is when it sits there over night....dont know why but it does.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:22 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Probably a spark issue. Have you actually checked the distributor cap/rotor, ignition coil, etc.? Your spark plugs may be fine put if they aren't getting spark, well then, you know...

Old 02-26-2008, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

check the dizzy cap and it looked finebut i didnt check the rotor,didnt check the coil but i didnt have enough time and im not sure i know how to check that.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:12 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Take a spare plug, pull the wires off the plugs (one at a time, check all 4) and connect them to the spare plug then hold that plug against the engine and see if it sparks when you crank it. I thought you already did that though.

Edit to add: Also bend the electrode on your test plug so the gap is really wide. The ignition system should be able to make blue sparks that can jump 1/2 inch or more.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:37 AM

What Car, motor, ECU mods??

Old 02-27-2008, 10:47 AM
HCF Member

its a 98 coupe dx...no mods on ecu.,damn i need some good info in like 3 hours before i have to have this thing towed cause i dont want that.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:58 AM
mxs
HCF Member

Have you actually checked to see if you're getting spark? I looked through your old threads and a while back you had four misfire codes... did you ever fix what was causing the problem?

Old 02-27-2008, 11:03 AM
HCF Member

i dont know if i ever did cause i dont think anyone ever told me what was really causing that....i know im getting spark though,i still dont know if my timing got off or not.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help...car wont start,think its a fuel issue i think....