General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Default need opinions

just got my car back from eibach looking for ideas and opinions most everything was done at projectimport.com in anaheim gotta love the fridays

Name:  cnc3.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  203.0 KB

Name:  cnc4.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  177.5 KB

Name:  cnc1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  180.5 KB

Name:  IMG_7484.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  115.6 KB

Name:  IMG_7582.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  112.8 KB

Old 06-07-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Uh...paint, fix the hood so it closes (joking, sorta), and do something about that chicken fencing in that spoon front bumper (it looks bad and i kno it isnt literally chicken fencing before any members jump on me). Personally id say u shouldve turboed not sc'ed but its been done already lol nice car tho. I like the spoon bumper w/ the mirrors too and the Mugen wheels too if im correct.

Btw did they do something to the headlight lenses? It looks funky...in every pic theyre like rainbowy (for a lack of better words).

Old 06-08-2010, 06:10 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Not a Spoon bumper, it's a BYS (Backyard Special.) Car looks sexy as hell man! I love it; that bumper is amazing. I will have one on my Si someday. And I disagree with Kenny, I prefer to spend my money on a swap because once you turbo and build the SOHC, you hit a point where you're done and there's nothing else to do. Now since you spent the money to do the swap and supercharge it, you are making way more power than if you would have just super or turbocharged the single cam. How much boost are you running? Any idea of how much HP? Must be pretty quick! The Takata harnesses look sick too by the way. For some tips, I would align the hood so it closes straight, tint the windows, and even though I think the flat black looks really sick, I would paint it. Also maybe drop it a little more (just my opinion, I love slammed cars.) Looks amazing though man; I love everything about it!

And BTW Kenny those are Rotas, not Mugens. how much HP?

A tip to align the hood: on your third pic (the one of the engine bay,) you see that little rubber piece, between the tabs that hold on your headlight? You can turn them to lower or raise the hood on either side. Adjust them, and I think that should do the trick with your hood alignment. It might not though because it is pretty out of wack, but it should work.

Last edited by jwmm04; 06-08-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:16 AM
HCF Member

1. Align Hood
2. Take to car show
3. ???
4. Profit.

Haha, jp but everything looks AMAZING on the car man.
Even though I love the supercharger and you bay looks great, BYS always looks better with an intercooler behind it

Kenny, jdm headlights have the rainbow effect.

PS: Dog is clean

Old 06-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Originally Posted by jwmm04
Not a Spoon bumper, it's a BYS (Backyard Special.) Car looks sexy as hell man! I love it; that bumper is amazing. I will have one on my Si someday. And I disagree with Kenny, it's nice to swap it out because once you turbo the SOHC, you hit a point where you're done. Now that you spent the money to do the swap and supercharge it, you are making way more power than if you would have just super or turbocharged the single cam. How much boost are you running? Any idea of how much HP? Must be pretty quick! The Takata harnesses look sick too by the way. For some tips, I would align the hood so it closes straight, tint the windows, and even though I think the flat black looks really sick, I would paint it. Also maybe drop it a little more (just my opinion, I love slammed cars.) Looks amazing though man; I love everything about it!

lolwut

Car looks okay, definitely needs some alignment done in the hood/fenders/headlights/front bumper area

Old 06-08-2010, 06:40 AM
shawty

idk but I love your dog....its soooo cute!!!!

I also like the car i think it looks good the color it is now

Old 06-08-2010, 06:44 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by Forty04
lolwut

If he kept the single cam, and spent his money to turbo or supercharge and build it, he would hit a point where he would be finished and there would be nothing else to do. Now since he spent his money to swap it, he can spend more money to build that engine and make a lot more horsepower than if he would have just put his $ into the SOHC. I didn't think it was that complicated?

Old 06-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

It's not complicated

It's asinine

Old 06-08-2010, 10:45 AM
HCF Member
Old 06-08-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Originally Posted by jwmm04
Not a Spoon bumper, it's a BYS (Backyard Special.) Car looks sexy as hell man! I love it; that bumper is amazing. I will have one on my Si someday. And I disagree with Kenny, I prefer to spend my money on a swap because once you turbo and build the SOHC, you hit a point where you're done and there's nothing else to do. Now since you spent the money to do the swap and supercharge it, you are making way more power than if you would have just super or turbocharged the single cam. How much boost are you running? Any idea of how much HP? Must be pretty quick! The Takata harnesses look sick too by the way. For some tips, I would align the hood so it closes straight, tint the windows, and even though I think the flat black looks really sick, I would paint it. Also maybe drop it a little more (just my opinion, I love slammed cars.) Looks amazing though man; I love everything about it!

A tip to align the hood: on your third pic (the one of the engine bay,) you see that little rubber piece, between the tabs that hold on your headlight? You can turn them to lower or raise the hood on either side. Adjust them, and I think that should do the trick with your hood alignment. It might not though because it is pretty out of wack, but it should work.
Uhm sorry sir but i said nothing about turboing a single cam i just said i wouldve turboed instead of sc'ed but i meant his B series sorry if that wasnt specific enough for ya my bad.

But thanks for correcting me on the BYS bumper and the Rotas idk why i thought that bumper was the Spoon one for some reason im a tard sometimes...and those are the Rotas that Scott is wanting too (if im not mistaken) so idk why i thought Mugen

Anyway nice car bud. Just paint, fix the hood, and i say remove that chicken fence looking stuff idk what youd put there (prolly nothing since u dont have turbo) but still...it takes away from the amazingness of that bumper

Quick Reply: need opinions