General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

need some ideas for the civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:53 PM
HCF Member
Default need some ideas for the civic

so my bday is growing near (nov) and so is christmas. so i'm trying to put some things together that i could get. i'm trying to find some $0-$200 things to ask for. cause you know everyone cant buy major expensive things. but so far i've got intake, catback, spoiler, lip, fog lights, type r shift boot, greddy shift ****, si grill, cd player, system, tint... hmm well thats about all the less expensive things that i have. i'm thinking about a pully kit, high flow cat (megan) and possibly a megan header. i want to get the motor ready for a supercharger down the road so intake mani isnt needed. i'm not really trying to go all out right now like cams, etc. and if you know of a less expensive header that would be better than megan please let me know. i guess dc is out of the question if i want to keep things in this price range. im sorta running out of cheap stuff to do. im a plain type of guy so my exterior is pretty much done. and i'm satisfied with the interior. i was thinking about the type r carbon fiber guage cover...thing...i guess thats what its call. its on passwordjdm but if you got some ideas throw em out there. thanks

Old 10-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Default RE: need some ideas for the civic

You can always add alittle more kick to your suspension for a fair price, such as sway bars anti roll bars etc etc.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

What's your interior like? I'm asking for a full set of decent seat covers for sure.

P.S. My bday's the 14th, what about you?

Old 10-18-2007, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

i was considering some suspension stuff too. i'm not sure what would be the best bang for the buck type deal. my interior is stock pretty much. i'm not too big on the seat covers unless your seats are jacked up. mine are pretty much spotless. i've tried to take real good care of my interior. keep the ideas coming. i was just trying to get someone to spark some ideas and maybe give me some motor upgrades that i could do that would be helpful. i drive fourty five min to school every day on the high way. so anything i do there will most likely be benificial to my mpg.

Nov. 26

Old 10-18-2007, 10:46 PM
HCF Member

how about AEM fuel rail or AEM fuel filter. DC front upper strut bar.. AEM pulley kit

Old 10-19-2007, 03:57 AM
HCF Member

the pully kit looks like what i want to go with. i need to do new timing belt any ways but whats the dificulty of that project? and the same with the fuel rail. will i need to change any air fuel ratios or anything like that if i change out the fuel rail. and will it help me at all?

Old 10-19-2007, 06:49 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Save your money and skip the fuel rail and pulleys. There are only a couple companies out there that even make HOnda Crank pulleys because its so hard to matchhow they're weighted OEM.

I would suggest a nice header and high flow cat if you're going the S/C route eventually. Suspensoin is definitely the first thing I would do, however I'm not sure your budget is going to allow you to get anything worthwhile. Any chance of getting some family members to pool their moeny?

Old 10-19-2007, 08:21 AM
HCF Member

yea. i usually ask for money any ways. i'm thinking imay save the bday money and then ask for money for christmas and get some stuff thats actually worth while. a buddy said that if thats the route i'm going he would go with a dc4-1. he felt it was the best. cause the small civic motor pulls fine early but mid to high end it just dives off. and isnt that where the 4-1 is going to help. i would like to get something that i'm going to enjoy and is going to make some changes. i'm short on money cause i'm a full time college student and dont work so... i have no money. the civic hasnt gone very far lately and i'm just trying to take the oportunity to get some stuff. and i wanted some advice on what to get. cause i want to get something worth while and something that i will enjoy since i dont get to spend much money on the civic until summer when i get to work. thanks.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:20 AM

Suspension for sure! Get them to pool together and buy you a decent coilover setup, you won't regret it