General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Need some opinions on 6th gen taillights

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Default Need some opinions on 6th gen taillights

Ok, i have some aftermarket taillights on my car at the moment and i was thinking about getting some 99-00 Si taillights for it. I cant find any digital pics of my car at the moment but i did find one of the same color car (frost white) that i have with the same taillights, BTW my car doesn't have a spoiler on it. So what do you guys and gals think? Stick with the chrome ones i have now or replace them with Si taillights?

[IMG]local://upfiles/5659/EE0103FBEAB74C01AFC19C744EF97DCB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-30-2005, 11:16 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Need some opinions on 6th gen taillights

IMO the chrome doesnt look bad with the white... But the si tails would look much better.

Old 12-30-2005, 01:38 PM

get si tail lights and the wing. that will look good.

Old 12-31-2005, 12:33 AM

defently go with the si lights

Old 12-31-2005, 01:39 AM
HCF Member

didnt you just buy those chrome tails? i dont think they look too bad on the white car but the Si tails would look good. and if youre having trouble finding them i believe they came on all 99-00 coupes. but its your car so it just comes down to what you want to do with it

Old 12-31-2005, 11:29 PM
HCF Member

i was actually thinking about buying a set of thos tail lights but in black housing, but i think im going to stick with the stock red/clear tails

Old 01-03-2006, 08:02 AM

ORIGINAL: adelleda

didnt you just buy those chrome tails? i dont think they look too bad on the white car but the Si tails would look good. and if youre having trouble finding them i believe they came on all 99-00 coupes. but its your car so it just comes down to what you want to do with it
I did just buy those taillights but the fitment is very poor. The trunk parts fit pretty good but the sides i had to shave to get them to fit decent and they are still off. I do like the taillights but they are nothing but a pain from the beginning. Both of the sides are leaking (i know i should of sealed them but i was lazy that day). I took off the passenger side one and sealed it up but the moisture tarnished up some of the chrome on the inside but its not that noticeable and driver side just started to leak, must be the winter weather but im going to take off all of them soon to reseal them all. Im still thinking about getting the red/clear oem taillights but i still love the ones i have on now. I just need to find a aftermarket company that makes 6th gen taillights that actually fit, im all about fitment thats why im thinking about the si taillights cause i know they will fit perfectly but then again i see every other civic with those taillights so im biased.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:06 AM
HCF Member

Get the si tail lights they would also look really good on white. I am getting the red and clear that look alot like stock but has led's in them.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:06 AM
HCF Member

i did buy a set of those altezza or however the hell you spell it except I bought mine with the black housing i think they look the best with the black coupe. But in your case I dont think they look to shabby however the si taillights do look pretty sharp and yes they came on all 99/00 coupes

Old 01-10-2006, 08:05 PM

mines an 01 coupe, I'll get pics of my tail lights.

Quick Reply: Need some opinions on 6th gen taillights