General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Neon's Worth The Trouble?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Default RE: Neon's Worth The Trouble?!

okay.. well my two cents...

i used to drive a 94 nissan altima.. and i saw a good deal on ebay.. this guy was selling brand new streetglow led kits ( the kind that has all the colors) for like. 120.. they retailed (at the time) for about 200 so i had some extra cash and went for it.. It took me two days (they're a bitch to put in) and about 4 hours just to wire the module.. all in all i loved them.. but deff. learn your local laws about that.. in my town they don't really car.. but if i drive about 10 minutes north to Charlotte ,NC .. then it's illegal to have them on the front or back... i always just cut them off if i felt like speeding or something.. it REALLY is a HUGE flag on you when you got leds/neons on "HEY COPS!! LOOK AT ME!! I'M SPEEDING!! OOHHHH GIVE ME A SPEEDING TICKET!!!" ... yeah you don't want that.. so you have to drive real careful with them on, i always got a lot of looks (obviously because i had an altima with leds) ... as for them breaking.. well.. i did some pretty retarded stuff.. and they stood up pretty well.. the most mine did was crack and some of the protective plastic came off.. but they still worked.. then i sold my altima and took them off.. so now they're sitting in my music room waiting to be put on... i'm thinking about putting them on my mom's jeep.. just because that'd be ghetto.. and she'd get a nice kick out of that.. haha!

it's all really up to you.. but deff. check ebay for some nice deals

Old 06-21-2006, 03:41 PM

i have interior neons but i wish i never bought them...i pretty much never use them, wish i woulda just spent that money on a useful performance part..

Old 06-21-2006, 08:12 PM

i just bought a set of Ichibahn Orange underbody neons, the LED ones with 7 different patterns. I had blue ones on my s-10 and i liked em, in 1-1/2 yrs i had like 5 bulbs go out on me but u really couldnt tell so i think there worth them as long as u know your gonna use em.

Old 06-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i just did my new civic with some cold cathodes. tho this kit is more work! BUT wont break as easy, and very cheap and bright!
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...e%20underbody/

http://www.oznium.com/cathodes?sid=a...ac6a17474169f3

i used 12kits of the dual 12inch versions andi would like maybe a few dual 4inch cathode versions... BUT i might not need them. i still have yet to get any good pictures of the underbody lights on.

BUT the worst thing for these cathodes is water! you must seal up the transformers completly!
after having these cathodes under my vehicles for about 2years now ive never broken one bulb BUT i have burned out about 6-7 transformers.
probably mainly cause when i used the auto wash i always got the underbody wash. so now with my civic im not gonna get the underbody wash anymore. either wash by hand or cheapest wash. should prevent alot of burn outs!!!!!

i know alot of people hate underbody lights BUT i love them when done right!
first of all ya need corner to corner light! and hide all the bulbs!
i used some U and L channels of aluminum for mine. found at any home depo.....
and be sure to paint them to match your car so they are vertualy undetectable! and the U channels will also protect the bulbs.

Old 06-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

just do it right the first time and you should be fine. i ran my power wires thru the stock shift block off for a manual BUT if ya dont want to drill any holes just pull the battery out and go thru a factory grommet. i woulda BUT routing the wires all thru that hole woulda been a pain. and i already had my middle console out for cleaning