General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

new 2007 civic ex - what now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Default new 2007 civic ex - what now?

hello,
i'm going to be purchasing a new 2007 civic ex coupe. i've gotten passed driving stick so now im gonna just settle fordriving automatic. but anyways, this is going to be my first civic ive ever owned. i was wondering if i could get some opinions if i should just upgrade to the 17" wheels that are available or just get some other ones. also, i was debating whether to either get new rims first or get a suspension kit to lower the ride a little bit. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Old 05-01-2007, 12:01 AM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: new 2007 civic ex - what now?

Well, I suggest you sell in to me for half of what you bought it for, pweeease!!

j/k
but seriously

Either way, there's is a ton of debate about it, but I like 16's over 17's any day. Then again some civic's look sweet with nice Honda wheels.

Umm, I would get the wheels you want before you lower it because that will slightly effect the lowering setup you select. Congrats on the buy!

Old 05-01-2007, 12:03 AM
HCF Member

I think you're focusing on the wrong aspects of the car personally. If you have a ton of money to throw around and are not worried about the warranty coverage, go nuts with the car and do all the things to it that import tuners do. If you don't, leave it stock and/or tread carefully with mods that void warranty or are not Honda-offered options.

If you're looking for a stone reliable car that will look good, run great, and will be solidly backed by a good company with a good warranty, go for the 2007 Honda Civic EX (though you may want to reconsider the manual/automatic preference in my opinion..). The options you choose are merely a matter of your own preference; upgrade the music system if that's important, upgrade the rims and add a spoiler if it's more important. Or just do it all/get it loaded!

If you're looking for a reasonably reliable car that you can aftermarket modify to your heart's content and not run into too many issues, I suggest you look around for an older model of civic that has remained stock and is being sold by the original owner. I'm sure you would prefer lower miles as every one else does too. This way you can do what you want to really personalize your ride the way you want from the first part to the last. It could be your masterpiece (I like that...haha).

Good luck and you've made a rather wise choice with the Honda idea in general!

Old 05-01-2007, 12:16 AM

hmm....yeah you're right about the whole warranty thing. i didnt want to go crazy with the car, just little mods here and there. maybe i'll wait awhile and save up until the warranty is done to do what i want to do. if that's the case, i'll just go ahead and spend a little extra toget the ex coupe w/ navigation and do the other stuff later. would getting new rims void the warranty in any way?

Old 05-01-2007, 12:28 AM
June 2010 ROTM

depends if the dealer wants to be a dick or not. Read through the warranty.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:33 AM
HCF Member

^+1

Definately spend some time going over the fine details with your dealer about what voids your warranty. I suggest that if you want rims, get the factory upgrade to be safe. If you hate them later, someone will most definately want them real bad. IMO, rims larger than 17s look really idiotic on civics. That's about the max you're gonna get anyway.

Good luck, and I like that you're not planning anything crazy. Remember:
COPS LOVE CRAZY!!!