General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New 94 EX Coupe...questions

Old 05-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Default New 94 EX Coupe...questions

Picking up a 94 black EX Coupe in a couple days. High miles (154,xxx) but it runs and drives fine. Got all the EX options and it's a 5 speed which I've wanted for years now. Paying 1500 total. It's got a couple problems that I'm aware of right now and wish to take care of right now.

First: The typical rear quarter panel rust, decently bad but not terrible, wish to take care of this soon before it gets worse. Better off buying new unrusted quarters or getting it professionally worked on then painted? There is also some paint fading on the hood, roof, and trunk/spoiler. I'm thinkin maybe it might be cheaper to get it all taken care of at once?

There is an exhaust leak somewhere after the cat. I don't know if it's a straight up hole, or the joints need tightened, or if it's just ratting off the heat shield? Gonna need to take a closer look.

Also, the guy I'm buying it from owned it since 98, put about 70k miles on it, and is the type of guy that will take it to a mechanic as soon as something is wrong with it instead of diagnosing it himself. He said recently there has been some hesitation when on the throttle. The mechanic said it might need a new fuel filter or injectors. I'm probably going to give it a tune up, new plugs and wires and a good seafoam treatment after I get it. If this doesn't fix it, and it turns out to need new injectors...how much will that be?

Sorry for all the questions. I want to keep this car for at least a couple years if I'm totally happy with it, which I should be. I need it to be reliable as I'm a student and full time worker and will beputting a lotmore miles on it.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New 94 EX Coupe...questions

Welcome to HCF Brotha

First About the whole Quarter panels and paint fade imo i think it would be better to get it all done at once .. go look around at different shops they all offer different prices not to much of a difference tho ..

Second .. I'd say just get an aftermarket exhaust or go to meineke and have them check it out they will give you a quote if your not into the aftermarket parts situation

Third ... i think its a good ideas to do the tune-up then see if it that fixed it and if not check this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93...spagenameZWD1V
fits your make and model