General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.
View Poll Results: New Car or Turbo?
04-06 S2000
58.82%
Turbo+Engine Build and everything else for Civic
41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

New Car(used) or Turbo???

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 05:59 PM
HCF Member
Default New Car(used) or Turbo???

I only own one car, 2000 Civic Ex 5spd. And since it's my only car, I've been putting some miles on it, already at 160k. Bought it 3 years ago with around 100k.

So I would like a 2nd car, just to have backup...and to have another car

And I've always wanted a turbo'd vehicle, pretty much the only thing left I would do to my civic. And I'd end up buying everything for that setup, so I'm willing to spend a pretty penny. I don't just want a basic turbo setup.

As for my 2nd car, I've decided that it would be an S2000. 04-06(want AP2, 06 is about the newest since an 07-09 would be over $20k)

So come end of year, I will be debt free. And sometime early in 2010 is when I'll do either one.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:57 AM
HCF Member

seeing everything you've done to your car your gonna want to do something similar to the S2k which is gonna cost a lot more
then youll have 2 relativaly slow NA cars
but if you build and turbo the SOHC youll have an almost completly built civic and not have to worry about (affording) modifying 2 cars
but the s2k is rwd
i vote turbo the SOHC then save up for a s2k

Old 09-18-2009, 11:32 AM

Well, I love the S2K so my vote goes to that. If you were getting rid of the Civic to get the S2K, I would vote for the Civic though.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:56 AM
HCF Member

lol I'm not getting rid of my civic

Old 09-18-2009, 01:40 PM
HCF Member

i vote get the s2k, they are fun to drive especially with the top down. but i would also like a quick little civic. IMO i think its worth it to hold up on the turbo project for an s2k

Old 09-28-2009, 02:39 PM

Ouch that's a tough one...

If I had the money I would go with the S2k and build it up gradually.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:05 PM
HCF Member

I'm glad you'll be debt free before deciding which route to go, but putting yourself back into debt is never a good idea. You'll finally be free of the annoyance of a lower paycheck each month and you're considering doing it all over again right away?

As long as you understand that it's a hobby and you aren't going to see a return on your investment. You then have to ask yourself what your goal is. Track car? Trailer queen? Fun weekend car?

Once you answer these questions the choice should be obvious to you.

If it were me I wouldn't be doing either, but that's my opinion. However, if I had to pick between the two, the s2000 would be my choice.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:08 AM
HCF Member

S2K gradually built would be amazing, but then again a turbo ex would be like pulling up to a stock and not expecting a thing, lol. I say save for the S2K, then build it slow.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

definatly the s2k. their amazingly fun to drive and their pretty rare around here.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:19 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by depace
I'm glad you'll be debt free before deciding which route to go, but putting yourself back into debt is never a good idea. You'll finally be free of the annoyance of a lower paycheck each month and you're considering doing it all over again right away?

As long as you understand that it's a hobby and you aren't going to see a return on your investment. You then have to ask yourself what your goal is. Track car? Trailer queen? Fun weekend car?

Once you answer these questions the choice should be obvious to you.

If it were me I wouldn't be doing either, but that's my opinion. However, if I had to pick between the two, the s2000 would be my choice.
I'm able to save money now and still pay bills off. Come end of year, I'll owe nothing for anything. I'm not going to put all my checks into my car lol

but thanks for answering the question. In the end, I may end up having both cars and both being boosted . Then no more cars for a while.

Quick Reply: New Car(used) or Turbo???