General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

new carbon fiber hood latches but leaves gap!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 06:41 PM
HCF Member

Ill have pics up soon. im doing some looking around on what cleaning stuff to use on the CF hood. I use bluecoral wax and wash, but i was told that its not good to use some kind of oil thats in it on the hood.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by enigma34
Its fake. I would have went with black, but i wasint thinking.. people like it (becuse it sticks out), i tell them it looks ugle.
Okay, I was wondering because the EK that I was going to buy last fall had a carbon kevlar grille... it looked straight up secksie lol... why not just paint the one you have? Personally, I like how the Mugen grille looks with that style hood.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

I could buy a new one for the same price as painting it.. Only like $35.

I would like to paint my lip, just buy a can of black paint? I dint have to sand it or lay a coat of somthing?

iM GOING TO GET SOME Turtle Wax Ice for the hood, any thoughts?

Old 04-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Super Cereal Admin

If you pick up a can of high gloss spray paint and some high gloss clear, you should be able to get a close enough paint color. Wwet sand it down nice and smooth, hit it with some primer, wet sand some more, spray more primer, wet sand again, hit it with a few coats of color, nice heavy clear, wet sand, buff, and polish, and you should be good. You could do the same thing with your grille. I'd say the total cost for painting the grille and lip would be around $20. One can of primer, one can of high gloss black, and one can of high gloss clear should be enough to cover the lip and grille.

(painting hint: I believe the oem primer is brown on the black civics... or at least it was on my Granada Black Pearl '94)

Old 04-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Banned

in that case definitely get the hood recleard or painted because that clear wont last a year. are you going to drill some nozzle holes ??? also if it came with hood pins put them om as soon as possible until then i would stay off the highways just to be safe.as for cleaning it depends what kind of clear coat it is but most likely its a gell coat gell coats have pores in them that absorb carnuba waxes turning it yellow belive it ot not the best wax is boat wax because they use gell coats and reflect uv rays the best 3M makes a good wax.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-13-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:06 PM
HCF Member

lol what happened to the pics????? and wats the big sticker on your wwindshield?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:25 PM
HCF Member

Here are some pic's. looks better in the sun, but suns not out, so i kept it in garage. I just notice how off the hood sits to one side i need to take a look to see if i can do somthing about it. Dosint look as off as the pic show's.

For wax im using Carnauba Cleaner Wax. its the only one that realy says helps protect against harmful UV rays and clear coat and conventional finishes safe

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,4

My next project is converting to EX exhaust, i alrady have the megan header.

Last edited by enigma34; 04-30-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:55 PM
HCF Member

lol i like all twenty of your stickers on your windshield you should double stack em for double horsepower!!!!!

Old 04-30-2009, 03:04 PM

hood vents and chrome wiper blades. tisk tisk

a bit of advice for closing the hood...
close it like you did whenever it didn't latch all the way, and then push down on it to latch it in place. Don't slam down the hood like it sounds like you are having to.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:50 PM
HCF Member

you need to paint those mirros back to black and take off the seat covers lol BLACK BLUE RED AND CARBON FIBER are just a HORRIBLE color combinatin

Quick Reply: new carbon fiber hood latches but leaves gap!