General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New civic!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Default New civic!

Just bought a new 07 civic EX today, I'm a bit of a noob to upgrading cars though. What do you guys recomend I add on to the car to increase performance? I'm not sure where to start haha

Old 06-10-2007, 08:03 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: New civic!

leave it stock, civics are not race cars, just my opinion

Old 06-10-2007, 06:30 PM
HCF Member

just do the basics. get a little extra horsepower to have more fun. intake, header,exhaust. i would imagine it is manual so upgrade clutch and short throw. then if you are serious get suspension and strut bars, maybe some bigger brakes so you can have fun taking turns

Old 06-20-2007, 12:38 PM
HCF Member

I agree, if you wanted a fast car you should have got something else.
Both the Accords and Civics are nice economy cars and to avoid any problems I would suggest to leave it stock.
Of course the Civic SI is nice but the mileage drops about 8 mpg and of course you pay for that 195 hp motor. $26,000.00 if I remember right.

Maybe a Monte Carlo SS would be the ticket then, or a Charger with the hemi of 400 hp. oooooohhh now we are in the $30,000.00 range, sorry I get carried away! I just love those American Muscle Cars.

I have the 06 Civic Coupe LX and love the car.

Enjoy your new car

Old 06-20-2007, 05:07 PM
HCF Member

do whatever you want to your car, civic upgrades are endless. dont listen to them telling you that civics are not race cars. watch the speedchannelone day and watch the civics w/ big *** turbos and slicks running 9/10 sec runs. i know that they are not street legal but you can make hondas as fast as you wanna make them.

[/align]

Old 06-20-2007, 08:42 PM
HCF Member

^^+1.

keep the car stock. plus, if u tinker with a new car, it might void the warranty

Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 PM
HCF Member

dude do whatever you want to do to the car. i would defientely watch what you do though until the warranty is up so that you don't risk voiding it. do like an intake and exhaust to get a little extra power. could upgrade the spark plugs and wires which is pretty cheap but not much of an hp increase. Also you could add some strut bars to stiffen it up. I would wait to do a header, any drivetrain, or suspension upgrades until the warranty is up so you don't risk voiding it.

unless you don't care about the warranty, then do a full header back exhaust and intake for some performance, then get some springs and shocks for better handling

whatever you want to do to car just do it

Old 06-21-2007, 12:12 AM
HCF Member

dude first off. **** everyone who says dont make ur car fast. you clearly want to make it fast so for them to say that would be stupid. now. the problem is is with 7th and 8th gen civics you dont have a variety of engines you can swap in (only k series if im right) which is what people usually do to make civics crazy fast. id do one of two things:

1. swap in a K (very expensive)
2. sell that car and use the money to buy an older civic to make that fast.

if ur not that serious about making it extremely fast, just stick to intake, header, and exhaust. like the other guy said a short shifter is fun ( i have a b&m in my car and i LOVE it). suspension goodies are great too especially if you like turns which you prolly do cuz civics handle nicely. id definatly go suspension but its all up to you.

happy modding!

Old 06-21-2007, 03:41 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: EXpunk77

Just bought a new 07 civic EX today, I'm a bit of a noob to upgrading cars though. What do you guys recomend I add on to the car to increase performance? I'm not sure where to start haha
I'd get a decent alarm with an ignition and fuel cutoff. It'll often save you $ on insurance and it'll help protect whatever upgrades you make to the car.

If you live someplace that gets hit bad with snow and ice, I'd look around for some cheap steel rims to mount some narrow Blizzak WS-50s on come winter.

If you want better summer tires and rims, keep your stockers clean and far away from curb damage. Sell them after buying your new package, to recoup some of the cost.

In the meantime, you could add strut tower/tie braces. This would firm up the chassis to improve the handling and unibody longevity, and it probably wouldn't affect your warranty. If you plan to upgrade the intake later, make sure you choose an upper strut bar that is compatible with that kind of mod. With strut braces and decent tires on the car, you'll notice a big improvement in handling.

When it comes time for a new airfilter, upgrade the airflow with a hi-flow filter and/or an intake.

When your warranty runs out the real funbegins. If you decide to sell before then, the above mods can actually make the car more saleable, unlike a lot of chop jobs.