General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

new to the civic world and looking for some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 03:25 AM
Default upgrades

ive had hondas for a while now,i'd add a feul pressure regulator and gauge.also u said you have a intake,so get a aftermarket header and a catback exhaust.depending on how much you want to spend you can get a new or used system fo decent to up there prices.all those parts in sync wont hurt your feul econmy unless ur getn on it all of the time.but all the parts help in top,bottom and mid range areas.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by blitzman
ive had hondas for a while now,i'd add a feul pressure regulator and gauge.also u said you have a intake,so get a aftermarket header and a catback exhaust.depending on how much you want to spend you can get a new or used system fo decent to up there prices.all those parts in sync wont hurt your feul econmy unless ur getn on it all of the time.but all the parts help in top,bottom and mid range areas.
lol...

an FPR doesn't give you power. I think you mean an adjustable FPR though... the car already has an FPR stock, it's a vital part. And no, an adjustable FPR doesn't give you power.

And a gauge... well... I think it's a little obvious you won't gain power from that.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:30 AM

Hey I'm New to the forums like today new lol and I'm still trying to learn how to post things but I have a 99 Dx. I will have pictures of it later but I put my AEM cold air intake on then my Cat Back exhaust system. From there i did my lip kit and my rims and lights. I am currently looking for a way to increase my little 1.6L 1560's HP. I just graduated form High School officially last night. So I am kinda sitting on cash of about 500 for performance upgrades while I am having to get my Alarm repaired because it just stopped working on a day that it was raining. I believe a wire short circuited. Also I am having to fix the interior parts of my power windows i had installed someone put glue down there and its all messed up. But yah, any tips for Performance for like 400-500
thats good and reliable?

Old 05-30-2009, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by EJ8_Man
This discussion really depends on what your budget is, and what your technical proficiency is.
That's a good thought, OP, what is your budget?
As almost ALL tech. questions/discussions, we need to know how much YOU know about working on cars.

Originally Posted by EJ8_Man
If you really want a vtec motor look for a used D16Y8 out of an EX. It will be a direct swap into your 98. You can probably do this drop for $1000 or less.
That's a great idea! But, it won't be a direct swap. You have to deal with wiring in vtec. However, dropping a y8 in will be one of the easiest vtec swaps you can choose from.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by RP Sinisterx
Hey I'm New to the forums like today new lol and I'm still trying to learn how to post things but I have a 99 Dx. I will have pictures of it later but I put my AEM cold air intake on then my Cat Back exhaust system. From there i did my lip kit and my rims and lights. I am currently looking for a way to increase my little 1.6L 1560's HP. I just graduated form High School officially last night. So I am kinda sitting on cash of about 500 for performance upgrades while I am having to get my Alarm repaired because it just stopped working on a day that it was raining. I believe a wire short circuited. Also I am having to fix the interior parts of my power windows i had installed someone put glue down there and its all messed up. But yah, any tips for Performance for like 400-500
thats good and reliable?
You're not going to gain much power at all for $400-500. You could do exhaust... just don't get a fart can. Look into exhausts like the Apex'i WS2, GReddy SP2, Tanabe Hypermedallion, RS*R Exmag.