General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New Front Bumper [bodykit?]

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 11:36 PM

lol wow, guess they're just trying to hook on some noobies or w/e.

yea but just as i was sayin.. the link was only an example, i know u needed to do a bit of work on it, but in general if it was like a 90% bolt-on kit.

but hows the oem bumper, 100% plastic? If so or not.. anyway to fix a huge crack in it? or save my time and just find a new bumper? i'm not going for a heavily modded tuner look, just repairing an old car.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:44 PM

OEM bumper is ABS plastic. Not sure if it's fixable. Visit a junkyard for a cheap replacement.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:20 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Yeah, that was kinda harsh, Nike. To put it in better terms:

Don't get that bumper, or any other body kit front bumper... It will make the lines of the car way too crazy, and will make it look like you are compensating for something. Stay with a clean look, which consists of a stock front bumper with some form of lip. Mugen and Type R lips are the most popular, and you can get them on Ebay but the fitment will be off. For the best quality and fitment get an OEM lip; they are a little more expensive, though.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Your a ***. Kthnxbai,
How is this statement true? The guy was asking a question and you flame him. Nike, we all had ricer days... (well, except trust I guess). We just need to destroy all the ricer thoughts in everyone's head.

OP, some of the bolts may line up, but I bet the bumper will not be aligned with the headlights/fenders/hood, making the body lines all f-ed up (as some have said). You have a pic of the damage? Maybe we can help a little more if you can give us a pic.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:35 AM
HCF Member

OK. I apologize. I never think before i hit the post reply button and i always regret it after...

But i did have that bumper on my green civic [It came on car] and that bottom peice comes off btw lol ... The bumper/side skirts/ rear bumper do not match holes for anything... the designer failed horribly i dont see how you cant get it right lol...

Does anyone know how the ABS grill goes onto bumper with no clips.... thats about how far that front bumper went up it had nowhere you could possibly bolt up to so the guy had it ziptied.... It was on on firm but zip ties are zip ties....