General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New guy to the honda scene

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Default New guy to the honda scene

Hey guys I'm new here ( if you can't tell) but my parents just got me a civic about a year ago.( I just turned 17). Anyways my parents said that they would pay for one mod as a b-day present ( we got money lol). I already got exhaust CAI upgraded throttle body. And a few cosmetics ( halos and bumpers). Anyways I was thinking either turbo or a body kit. My question is when does vtec kick in and will I notice it kick in like I would a turbo?

Old 03-14-2011, 07:35 PM
HCF Member

knowing the year and the engine that is in it will help out alot. also a budget

Old 03-14-2011, 07:59 PM

It is an 06 si with the k20z3. As for budget we have alot quite a bit of money and they said one mod. If I get something like boost it'll count as my Christmas present too but I'm ok with that

Old 03-14-2011, 09:25 PM
HCF Member

well. If you want a turbo, you can't just get one and install it without intercooler, blah blah, etc. If your parents are talking one mod as in a WHOLE turbo kit, then effing go for it man. haha.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:35 AM

Boost kits have to be done right. There are lots of components. Start a project thread and ask specific questions. We'll help you if we can.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:20 AM

So I talked to them and they said I could get a whole kit. What would be the best kinda kit to go for

Old 03-15-2011, 10:31 AM
HCF Member

ok, heres the thing... its not just the kit... you also need the ecu chiped and tuned or you WILL fry something. will probally need a new fuel pump and larger injectors... as far as exactly what you need in all of that, im not sure, ive only researched the EGs (92-95)... if they are ok with doing it right... are they looking to adopt? lol, Id say go for it... but also something we need to know is, is this still going to be a daily driver and what HP are you shooting for?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by Vartok
ok, heres the thing... its not just the kit... you also need the ecu chiped and tuned or you WILL fry something. will probally need a new fuel pump and larger injectors... as far as exactly what you need in all of that, im not sure, ive only researched the EGs (92-95)... if they are ok with doing it right... are they looking to adopt? lol, Id say go for it... but also something we need to know is, is this still going to be a daily driver and what HP are you shooting for?
R they lookin to adopt 2 lol I dunno bout vartok but ima striking young man at a ripe age of 28 hahahaha

Old 03-15-2011, 05:15 PM

Lol I can ask I they wanna adopt. They said that they will pay for anything that it needs I just don't know what it needs. Lol

Old 03-15-2011, 05:24 PM
HCF Member

Oh it's a long process. I WISH it was as simple as putting a CAI on. :P

Quick Reply: New guy to the honda scene