General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New Honda Civic Type R production version spy photo undisguised

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 07:04 AM
Default New Honda Civic Type R production version spy photo undisguised

from the article:
It rides on 19-inch glossy black alloy wheels with red accents matching the brake calipers which on the front axle work with Brembo 350mm drilled discs. Underneath the hood is a four-cylinder 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine rated at more than 280 HP (206 kW) which will be enough for a top speed of 167 mph (270 km/h).

5 pictures and full article

Old 03-01-2015, 02:25 PM

New Honda Civic Type R - Official Pictures of Production Model

Here's the first full-body picture of Honda's new Civic Type R hot hatch. It shows the Type R standing next to the updated Civic hatchback and Tourer.

5 pictures in the gallery

Old 03-20-2015, 01:03 PM
Default Let's do something about it

Being a pro-active guy, went to our local Honda dealer (where I pre-ordered my current Fit last year Feb.) last month and put a deposit down on a possible 2016 Honda Civic Type R Hatchback. If it does come to our shores, the color for me has gotta be orange!!! Man, that will stick out with our abundant sunshine!!!

Old 04-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Default Looks like its coming!!!

My boy from NY just sent me this:

Announced during Hondas press conference for the current Civic release

Executive Remarks from the 2015 New York Auto Show Honda Press Conference - Honda.com

"We agree that the Civic line up is not complete without the Type-R, as a true race-bred compact car and the performance flag bearer for the
Civic brand Civic brand
. So, with your strong support, stay tuned, as we'll have more information on this in the coming year
"

The dealer with my deposit is the largest on the island and hopefully will be in line for one of the first to arrive. Most probably a 2017 model to be introduced in 2016. Likely to be produced from Honda's UK facilities.

Am sure the Type R will hit $30k+. Time to save money - no more spending on my GK Fit (LOL).

Old 04-15-2015, 09:01 AM

New Honda Civic Type R Coupe Imagined

From the article:
Independent artist Wild Speed has turned the Honda Civic Coupe concept into a fully-fledged Type R model.

2 pictures and full article

Old 08-01-2015, 09:01 AM
Default Anyone else make the move yet????

Since my last post major moves have happened. Knew since Dec. '14 that moving back to the mainland was in the works, and now its been done!!!

Got my deposit back from the Honolulu dealership, but also made a deposit last Feb. on the mainland with another big dealer in my new locality. Just wanted to cover my bases. Both dealers thought I was nuts but not anymore.

With articles like this coming out, everyone is looking at price value vs. 0-60 speeds. There are those that are faster for the same money, but like our previous '98 Type R, it was the joy of driving, that our household misses!!!

Honda Civic Type R, A very coveted hot hatch - The Star

Am figuring that with limited production, the US Type R will come in only one model. It should be the enhanced model. Further hoping Honda made the Euro bumpers good enough that they don't modify them for US crash criterea. IMO, pricing would be around $40K +/-

The wait continues as well as saving the funds!!!! Anyone else "bit the bullet"???

Old 08-04-2015, 03:26 AM
HCF Member

That looks promising. I am dreaming to have a Honda Civic Type R Coupe.

Old 12-29-2019, 09:29 AM
Default FK8 CTR Order update

It's been 5 years since posting here.
My deposit with local Dealer is still with them and am in line to get their first 2020 allocation.
Could have had one of the first '17's but took time to adjust to the exterior. Just am not a fan of "fake" lovers on front and rear bumpers. Honda may have tidied that for 2020, but since its the last year coming out of Swindon UK plant, am certain to push through this time.
Canada got only 3 colors last year and looks like a fourth may be added - Phoenix Yellow. Interesting, but am sticking w/ Championship White!

Old 04-03-2020, 08:34 AM

Finally last Feb. local dealer informed me that the upgraded 2020 CTR was a certainty. With the styling changes done to the f&r bumper lovers, and, being the final year out of Swindon plant, finalized the details.
Timeline of events:
2/10/20:
Dealer e-mailed that he put in my order early last week. 1st Allocation was assigned, and, my name is on the first Championship White arriving. The vehicles in that 1st shipment are all committed.
Am willing to wait, so, gave the dealer a phone call he confirmed that my name will be on top for the 2nd allocation for BBlue. Delivery expected to happen around June. Canadian pricing not available yet.

2/26/20
Dealer called 2/24 that Canadian price released.
MSRP $43,690 Boost Blue $500 Freight: $1,780 Total = CND$45,970 + taxes/license
Am re-writing the Bill of Sale this PM to reflect that's what I'll be paying and nothing more. Will consider adding interior illumination + rubber floor/boot mats. Delivery may be as early as April! Excitement level is building!!!
Result of meeting w/ dealer:
Moved me up to the first allocation. One buyer didn't want to pay extra for B.Blue. They threw in all the rubber mats including the boot area and 1/2 for all the interior illumination $411 ( my share).
Other news (for the Canadian market): a. GM mentioned that 2021 Limited Edition will be allocated by Honda Canada. Supposedly, buyers have to log onto the mfg'r site and register interest. b. There may not be another CTR ( for Canada) after the FK8.

3/26/20
Dealer informed yesterday that they were allocated 5 units in the 1st shipment. 4 C.White and 1 Black. No Boost Blue. Hoping that production stoppage at Swindon didn't affect the 2nd allocation and that a B. Blue is included. The wait continues!!!

3/30/20
Dealer emailed today. Only one Boost Blue coming in next allocation which has landed at the East Coast port today. It's MINE FOR SURE!!!
VIN # sent. ETA delivery is 4th week in April. Getting closer!!!

Old 04-03-2020, 08:41 AM

With the 2020 CTR upgrades and being the last out of Swindon, UK, it was time to firm things up and "bite the bullet". Always focused on getting Championship White but my 4 sons convinced me to "not live in the past".

Timeline of events:
2/10/20:
Dealer e-mailed that he put in my order early last week. 1st Allocation was assigned, and, my name is on the first Championship White arriving. The vehicles in that 1st shipment are all committed.
Am willing to wait, so, gave the dealer a phone call he confirmed that my name will be on top for the 2nd allocation for BBlue. Delivery expected to happen around June. Canadian pricing not available yet.

2/26/20
Dealer called 2/24 that Canadian price released.
MSRP $43,690 Boost Blue $500 Freight: $1,780 Total = CND$45,970 + taxes/license
Am re-writing the Bill of Sale this PM to reflect that's what I'll be paying and nothing more. Will consider adding interior illumination + rubber floor/boot mats. Delivery may be as early as April! Excitement level is building!!!
Result of meeting w/ dealer:
Moved me up to the first allocation. One buyer didn't want to pay extra for B.Blue. They threw in all the rubber mats including the boot area and 1/2 for all the interior illumination $411 ( my share).
Other news (for the Canadian market): a. GM mentioned that 2021 Limited Edition will be allocated by Honda Canada. Supposedly, buyers have to log onto the mfg'r site and register interest. b. There may not be another CTR ( for Canada) after the FK8.

3/26/20
Dealer informed yesterday that they were allocated 5 units in the 1st shipment. 4 C.White and 1 Black. No Boost Blue. Hoping that production stoppage at Swindon didn't affect the 2nd allocation and that a B. Blue is included. The wait continues!!!

3/30/20
Dealer emailed today. Only one Boost Blue coming in next allocation which has landed at the East Coast port today. VIN # sent. ETA delivery is 3rd or 4th week in April. Getting closer!!!