General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New to Honda's and this forum NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Default New to Honda's and this forum NEED HELP!!

Long story short, I'm used to working on 2 stroke dirt bike engines and LT1 350 small blocks, LS6 454's, 383's, and 396's....anything beasty. I own a 1969 Nova SS and I purchased an 08 civic ex-l in october 07. I like the car, it handles great and chicks love it. I want to make a mix between old school muscle and the new ohc high reving vtech. It has 140 hp stock and god knows how much torque w/ 5 speed auto. I need to rev it to 5k rpm to get it going, and it sucks. I want easy part add ons like mass air flow sensors, cold air intake, new exhaust and if i have the cash a new head. I cant find any legit link on yahoo for import civic 08 parts. Anyone have any suggestions where to get good parts cheap and combos that will help me get this rice burner going? I would like an exhuast that is throaty not like a kazoo. Any help would be great, this is a total 180 for me. Is a stage 1/2 turbo the best all around way to go? I dont want to have to to major frame work. Just breaks and wheels if need be. I want to squeeze out at least 200 hp 180+tq for $5k max.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New to Honda's and this forum NEED HELP!!

Unforunatley their isn't many aftermarket parts yet because it's so new. I'm not sure but 06 civic air intakes might fit, but don't quote me on that. You got to be careful too cause some aftermarket parts can void your warranty. But for exhaust get a magnaflow catback. I love mine, it's low anddeep sounding with no raspiness. You can check out some clips on youtube to hear some exhaust's. Even with a turbo there will be some lag in the lower rpm's. But thats how civics get good fuel economy, when u need the power it's there when u just want to cruise and not want to hit the pump it's there too

Old 02-25-2008, 08:29 PM
HCF Member

Im pretty sure they came out with a supercharger for the new hondas already

Old 02-26-2008, 10:30 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to the Forum. those LT1 350s are great engine. 69 Nova? You are very lucky! I am trying to get me a camaro, hopefully an ls1 engine.

As your more informative with LT1 and LS6 454, these are all v8 engines, so I am guessing you are more used to superchargers. However for 4-cylinder cars you should get a turbo charger. It has a better efficiency rate and also helps increase mpg. Also this is the easiest way to get more power.

Good Luck and if you have any question feel free to ask