General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

NEW project civic... needs motor mainly

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default NEW project civic... needs motor mainly

EDIT i got the car now at home..

EDIT

WELL FINALY got it home this morning 9-06-07
looking at it alittle beter now...

mainly needs a motor... nice little ROD hanging out the front of the block.LOL

so now looking for a D motor and crossing my fingers that the Vtec head on this motor is still good I HOPE! will probably rip it off the motor tonight or tomorow to inspect it so i can see if i need a WHOLE motor or just the botom end. IM HOPING for just the bottom end to keep it cheap from a NONvtec motor!

Old 08-30-2007, 04:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: HUM... thinking about picken up a project civic...

danng dude. Id go for it. It would be super fun. Can you really buy an engine for that cheap? Are like all vtecs that cheap? Dang dude.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:27 PM
HCF Member

sounds like a cool project i just got a b16a in my car barly like 1 week ago having hella fun need to be painted now i bought a 93 civic dx coupe motor should drop right in if its a LX i suppose you know this already... but yeah dude seems like it would be fun seems cheap

Old 08-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Super Cereal Admin

go for it, man!

Old 08-30-2007, 04:36 PM
HCF Member

There is no such thing as having too much fun. Go for it, but hope you have good luck on the purchase. And try not to spend too much on it.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:49 PM
HCF Member

I say go for it. I wish i had the time and money for project. Can't wait to start mine!!!!!

Old 08-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well the motor is FS localy and hes had it listed for awhile..... cause i was thinking about buying it before and building it up BUT ended up not buying it cause i figure the tranny is whats gonna kill my performance and i dont wanna spend 1500bucks for the swap!
my friend bought a 93 coupe civic that just needed a new water pump and a few small sensors for 600bucks i think is wha the said... said hes got 800bucks in the car and it runs and drives great just needs alignment and body work.

im just HOPING that this civic is in decent condition... so far no email responce...
for the motor ill try and borrow some cash from my dad for it just so i can get it and HOPE its not sold before then.LOL

otherwise id have to spend alot more money on rebuilding the motor that comes in it... if it comes in it that is.LOL tho i think it does or should.....

i just HOPE it doesnt have a body kit or a realy ugly paint color....... hopefully the pictures will look close to stock. tho the paint im sckeptical about...... cause he said it was custom but i didnt ask what color.....
it was a long day plus my stomac was messed up so i didnt wanna stay away from home for to long.... or should i say away from my good TP.... hahahhaha

im having high hopes......
cause i just want another manual honda..... before i had a 86crx just carbed motor and even tho the carbs secondaries wouldnt work properly BUT STILL fun little car to drive and best of all since it was also another CHEAP car i DID NOT REALY HAVE TO CARE ABOUT IT. LMFAO
and well my 99civic... WELL im kinda hesitant about pushing it realy hard or driving just stupid with it.......

tho trying not to get my hopes up to much until i get some pictures of how it looks and more details....

ive got pleanty of mechanical experience with old school american muscle cars and trucks BUT not realy to much of hondas.... but they are all preaty basic so im PREATY SURE i can handle it... but it will be a learning experience like any build!

either way EVENTUALY i will get a coupe or hatch manual to play with!
and on a side note i got one guy interested in trading a 92 SI hatch for my old church bus. LMFAO
tho his says NEEDS work but i wanna know how much work before i tell him ill think about it or not! cause my bus has a bigblock motor and tranny so the motor setup alone is worth agood 1K bucks and scrap metal its probably worth 500bucks... its a heavy @ss bus. LMFAO
only way ill trade it is if its just MINOR body work needed! but thats a HIGHLY UNLIKELY!!!!!!!
will take some time to sell that bus.LOL im not gonna sell it for any less than 1200bucks.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:42 PM
HCF Member

i sya go for it, i know itd be crazy custom and sick as hell, hit up brah!

Old 08-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well not realy crazy custom........ just cause i dont CARE about beating it up.....LOL so not gonna be to crazy... just wont be rice..... maybe stupid... hahahaha like maybe some stupid push bars

J/K
but well be mostly stock style.
he says its already lowered BUT we all know how vage that can be
tho one good thing my stock struts and maybe springs could fit on it.LOL

BUT who knows. im trying not to think of it to much just incase its realy bad looking but its DEFINATLY NOT gonna be my NICE looking ride... ill keep my auto for my cruiser/pimpen mobile

Old 08-30-2007, 06:04 PM

u ever herd tht saying " We Work Hard We play Hard" lol there no such thing as too much fun and for 500bucks u cant loose.

Quick Reply: NEW project civic... needs motor mainly