General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

NEW project civic... needs motor mainly

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: HUM... thinking about picken up a project civic...

WELL FINALY i got his adress where the civics at and went out to take some pictures and such of it... paints preaty iffy typical color change amature. blue exterior stock green door jams and such... overspray all over the place... some DEEP scratches not sanded out before painting. BUT all and all...... she looks decent! doesnt look like its been wrecked. MINOR honda rust typical rear back quarter, THROWN ROD he said from the motor,
looks like power steering MIGHT be a problem from one boot looks off or blown... axles look fine tires ok, interior preaty nice.... needs some cleaning for sure!
typical rice style muffler... tho pipings look good minor rust on the pipes so those are good besides at the muffler and back.
no clue on the struts or springs BUT i still got my stockers which should fit i believe!
it is a EX so its got the sunroof and power options. downfall no clue if they all work proper....
also aftermarket steering wheel definatly want to put it back stock with air bag!
good looking crossmember in rear as well.

uploading pictures now at
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2.../posiblycivic/

PICTURES LARGE sorry but nothing beter than large pictures for a good inspection!

heres just a few.... so im PREATY SURE im gonna buy this thing! i HOPE i can get him down to 400bucks cash and ill tow it off ASAP
which will take about ALL my cash.LOL till thursday but im preaty sure no debit card stuff will go thru my back
ill hit him up thru email in just a min and hopefully we can work it out and i can load it up and maybe borrow some cash from my parents to quickly buy the motor so it doesnt sell out from under me after i buy the car.LOL and HOPEFULLY its a decent motor as well!

couldnt get hood closed again but i didnt wanna slam it and the drivers door was either locked or wouldnt open... i didnt wanna be diging around inside the car just incase some neighbors would call the cops.LOL didnt wanna seem TO NOSY...
havent checked out the trunk tho... again didnt wanna be diging around to much.LOL

what ya guys think? does it have potential [8D]

tho paint will be changed definatly! either black or silver.... will make up my mind on it AFTER i get it moving on its own power!

CROSS YOUR FINGERS that he will take 400bucks for it

Old 09-04-2007, 03:15 PM
HCF Member

I say jump on it

Old 09-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Super Cereal Admin

like I said earlier, go for it! And I'd say go with silver... black's too freakin' hard to keep clean... you don't want two black cars lol

btw, it looks like you'll have your work cut out for you

Old 09-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Recognized HCF Member

im sure gonna try probably take him a day or two to respond....
I HOPE he will take 400bucks for it... if not ill offer 450 cause he told me hed ask about 500 and would probably take less... im hoping i didnt hear him wrong... and i HOPE thier arent any bad suprises!
he said he had rebuilt the tranny and had a preaty new clutch on it.... so HOPEFULLY hes telling the truth about it being good so i dont buy a motor slap it in and find out the tranny needs a new cluth or rebuilt!!!!
KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED and an eye on my email
dont wanna call him and sound desperate
said i got 400bucks which i do right now. but will have 100bucks more to spend on it on thursday BUT rather not

and tho i have thought about instead of black or silver MAYBE just paint it back stock green.....
the stock green isnt to bad realy..... and well everyone knows i love green... so i think ive just desided to put it back stock green.... tho it will definatly be rocked in dark primer spots for awhile... hahahhaa
BUT first things first HOPE he will take the 400bucks for it! have i said HOPE enough... LMFAO

Old 09-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Super Cereal Admin

wow... is it sad that I just now noticed that the engine bay and everything are still the stock green? lol

anyway, green sounds good, too... but good luck getting neon/LED lighting to match the color.. personally, I hate it when teal-ish cars have bright lime green underlights (but that's just me)... I'm sure you'll figure something out though (if you decide to do neonlighting)

Old 09-04-2007, 03:59 PM

pahahaa got some big enough pictures? i think so lol j/k man it looks like it will be a fun little project

Old 09-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i posted up large pictures so people can inspect it beter.. smaller pictures always look good.LOL

and well... na no lights on this thing..... preaty much just gonna be my fun driving manual SLASH winter beater.... something i can beat on preaty good and dont care to much about it.... my 99civic is more of my daily driver soft cruiser....

definatly got some work ahead of me if i realy want it nice... mainly in the body/paint. i wouldnt mind just dark primer rocken it BUT that tends to stick out to cops more than just decent paint.... tho i will rock it for the winter time cause cannt paint it till spring. always best time to paint anything very little bugs out so i can do a quick and easy outdoor paint job.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Administrator

homie, resizing is your friend!

Old 09-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Oh... I see how it is... get an EG to beat around. pshh.. whatever.

lol jk man

Old 09-04-2007, 04:33 PM
HCF Member

i just like the tint on the blue one....dont ever change it...

Quick Reply: NEW project civic... needs motor mainly