General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

NEW project civic... needs motor mainly

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: HUM... thinking about picken up a project civic...

well id prefer a 96-00 hatch...... BUT for the cost ill rock it hard.... im not saying its gonna be a total beater... i gotta make it run good and drive good and then ill move into looks... tho it wont be a show car!
i might even move into some engine swaps or turbos overtime......
only downfall about the car that i dont like is the AC was removed..... BUT for a manual tranny ride ill rock it and just roll the windows down....

ok editing pictures smaller but will leave up the larger picture folder for anyone wanting to look closer.....
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...er%20pictures/

Old 09-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Super Cereal Admin

lol wanna buy a body kit? I just happen to have a kit for a 92-95 coupe sitting in my garage lol

Old 09-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Recognized HCF Member

WELL SOME WHAT GOOD NEWS

he SAYS he will do 400cash... just gotta get a time together to do the transaction of course....
ive told him thursday im off all day so anytime for him will be great for me. so HOPEFULLY all will go good and ill bring it home soon enough

gotta go to the bank after work tomorow

and na.... no body kit for me.... i cannt stand fiberglass body kits! if i wanna bump and rub and not care to much i gotta have plastic.LOL

Old 09-04-2007, 05:50 PM
HCF Member

its fixable, go for it bro

Old 09-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member

yep got another email looks like thursday we will do the swap cash for car[8D]

im anxious... just dont wanna rush they guy
just like when i sold my truck... its the typicaly story...
i will leave to do all this with you but i want you to know this is hard for me cause the car has a lot of memories with me but i can do 400 cash just let me know
couldnt be worse than it was with my truck tho... cause techincaly i sold my truck twice! first time brothres friend was making payments and driving my truck... hard to leave it and watch it come and go... then to get it back and resell it again and watch it get towed off

should be a fun little project! now gotta convice parents to let me borrow 200bucks to buy this motor..

Old 09-04-2007, 09:38 PM
HCF Member

car looks good. But damn try not to turn any power on because that guy has wires running everywhere.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:48 PM
HCF Member

best of luck with it bro, what do you have in mind to do to it? (besides the engine)

Old 09-05-2007, 01:40 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well...... i realy dont have a mod list yet... besides replace whats busted,,,,,, clean up the wiring of course...LOL
mostly just get it on the road...

put my stock struts springs on it. and depending on the sound of that exaust replace the muffler with a stocker.... typical header.... new front splash shields cause they are missing..
and then just slowly work out the body work to smooth it out and paint it back stock green.
tho windows will be completly retinted.... 5% all back windows 20% on front windows besides windshield.

and well after that its just a what can i find cheap for it that would look alright. ive done pleanty of reseach on mods for my year civic.... now i have to check out these older civics to see what looks good on them.....
but new headlights and corners are needed. might go with some black projectors... but then again its preaty much just a quick list. more research needed.... cardomain is probably the bestplace to look at other modded cars and see what i like and whats a HELL NO WAY MOD....LOL

Old 09-05-2007, 05:37 AM
June 2010 ROTM

From one of the pictures, you can see the rack & pinion bellows is busted (inner tie rod dust cover) and the bolt for the anti-sway bar is bent. If you're using it just as a beater, the bolt can stay bent.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i noticed the steering boot busted i hope i could just replace the boot if its posible... have to drop it and check it out... never messed with rack and pinion before and never pulled a motor outta a honda either....LOL will be learning experience. and well the sway bar bolt should be preaty cheap...
but none of the underbody looks bent...... at least from me looking under it where its at.
will get alot beter look after i get it home and up in the air...

Quick Reply: NEW project civic... needs motor mainly