General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New to this whole "IMPORT" thing

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 03:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New to this whole "IMPORT" thing

ORIGINAL: US3R!!!11one

hahahaha im glad we are knowen as the "ricer" thing
Are you trying to debate the fact that 90% of all honda-owners arent ricers?
Why do you insist on jumping at every oppurtunity to start an arguement? It was a generalization, jesus...
He probably just read some of the pages of **** we give mustangs. I have not once seen you guys give props to a v8 for anything, or any v8 driver.
Why dont you guys leave bobbytonic alone? Or at least be a little gentler in introducing him to the import-scene. Jeeze, anytime someone comes on here who has anything to do with a v8 engine you guys jump on their ***. He was probably making a joke about the ricer thing, or he simply didnt know any better. Some of you need to wake up and realize that the civic is not a good or easy platform for performance. It boggles my mind why you guys think "smoking a v8" with a turbocharged 4 is some great achievement. Whoopty-damn-doo, now lets turbo the mustang and see who wins? There I said it. /rant
Bobbytonic - You really shouldnt generalize like that though, even if it was a joke. A lot of serious honda-tuners are 100% fed up with the bull**** we get from the other 99% of kids, ricer, and civic-humpers. So you can expect a lot of people to jump on you like that. Im sure you can understand. There is no rice on this forum as of now, just clean cars and people who are interested in tuning their civic. Most of us are focused on auto-x and general tuning. I am focused on drag-racing within my FWD class, and for just all around fun.
Either way, welcome to HCF, dont take things to personally, and hope you learn something =)
Nice sig. Can I call you a hyprocrit from now on.

Old 10-11-2005, 04:02 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 2000Ex

hahahaha im glad we are knowen as the "ricer" thing
Are you trying to debate the fact that 90% of all honda-owners arent ricers?
Why do you insist on jumping at every oppurtunity to start an arguement? It was a generalization, jesus...
He probably just read some of the pages of **** we give mustangs. I have not once seen you guys give props to a v8 for anything, or any v8 driver.
Why dont you guys leave bobbytonic alone? Or at least be a little gentler in introducing him to the import-scene. Jeeze, anytime someone comes on here who has anything to do with a v8 engine you guys jump on their ***. He was probably making a joke about the ricer thing, or he simply didnt know any better. Some of you need to wake up and realize that the civic is not a good or easy platform for performance. It boggles my mind why you guys think "smoking a v8" with a turbocharged 4 is some great achievement. Whoopty-damn-doo, now lets turbo the mustang and see who wins? There I said it. /rant
Bobbytonic - You really shouldnt generalize like that though, even if it was a joke. A lot of serious honda-tuners are 100% fed up with the bull**** we get from the other 99% of kids, ricer, and civic-humpers. So you can expect a lot of people to jump on you like that. Im sure you can understand. There is no rice on this forum as of now, just clean cars and people who are interested in tuning their civic. Most of us are focused on auto-x and general tuning. I am focused on drag-racing within my FWD class, and for just all around fun.
Either way, welcome to HCF, dont take things to personally, and hope you learn something =)
Nice sig. Can I call you a hyprocrit from now on.
Ouch!

Old 10-11-2005, 04:08 PM
HCF Member

Have you been drinking again?

Old 10-11-2005, 04:10 PM

My sig is about the **** in the video like the one that does a fly-by on the porshe and then goes off screaming about how "thats what you do to 100k$ pos imports" or the 05v6 owners who say their car can beat anything without 8 cyl or a turbo. 50% of mustang drivers are like this. The other 50% are hardcore tuners. I drive a 98 mustang convertable. I dont put exhaust on it and rev at anything that comes my way. Thats who I am talking about in my sig. Nywayz Its a quote from another forum, and I thought it was funny. But then again you can call me a hypocrite all day long, your opinion means **** to me.
Have you been drinking again?
Yes remmy, yes I have. But for the moment Im sober . Im just sick of the **** we give to anyone on this site who doesnt drive an import. Go dig through, I bet you cant find one compliment. I dont care what a car is, as long as its fast, or has time put into it to make it something. When people start trashing cars, it makes me angry. This guy comes on here, wondering about imports. Rather than teach him tolerance, or let him understand what real honda tuners are all about, the guy gets bitched out for making a joke. Why I ask?

Old 10-11-2005, 04:21 PM
HCF Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: US3R!!!11one

My sig is about the **** in the video like the one that does a fly-by on the porshe and then goes off screaming about how "thats what you do to 100k$ pos imports" or the 05v6 owners who say their car can beat anything without 8 cyl or a turbo. 50% of mustang drivers are like this. The other 50% are hardcore tuners. I drive a 98 mustang convertable. I dont put exhaust on it and rev at anything that comes my way. Thats who I am talking about in my sig. Nywayz Its a quote from another forum, and I thought it was funny. But then again you can call me a hypocrite all day long, your opinion means **** to me.
[quote]

Okay, I'm just saying maybe you can make it a little clearer on who it is directed to before someone gets offended who owns a mustang. As for me, it's all good.

Everybody likes what they like, mustangs, civics or daewoo whatever but let's all keep in mind that this is a civic forum. If someone needs help with information about a civic, we're here to help. Hey, Beebz, if you have any questions, just let us know.

BTW, I love my civic...

[IMG]local://upfiles/3718/FCF281E47186483AA467F7833405AD8F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3718/F1577B389B5B42ABBE4E4FEE71E51F30.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3718/601A28EF9E514BEDAFDF8F7E72F5CB94.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-11-2005, 04:22 PM
HCF Member

All that happened was that Kap said don't call us ricers and then answered his question. Chill out. I don't even think that the main guy is offended.

Old 10-11-2005, 04:42 PM

jeeez guys, I just said be nice to us little domestics, I'm nice to you imports.
when ya think about it, we are all in the same I4 boat, and the same principles for making an import fast, go into making a domestic fast. face it, we both have misconceptions and stereotypes about the other, and there are morons who found these misperceptions. A cavalier with a wing and a fartcan, is no differant then a civic with a fartcan and a wing. A swapped turboed civic is no differant then a sunfire with ported/polished heads and turbocharged. Both are slow as hell stock, but with work can be made fast. Lets just all give some love.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:37 PM
HCF Member

First off Imports get more respect [here] for their dependability even after mods. And a civic with looks better stock then cars like sunfires. But I dont ahte on big engine doemstics. Especially old muscle cars.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: 2000Ex

First off Imports get more respect [here] for their dependability even after mods. And a civic with looks better stock then cars like sunfires. But I dont ahte on big engine doemstics. Especially old muscle cars.
Looks are a matter of personal opinion. I personally think the SI looks like a fat ford focus. Dependability is also another myth about jbody's. My sister-in-law has a 1995 sunfire that all she has had to do is change the timing-chain and it runs just as good as it did the day she bought it. I know I'v put 35,000 miles on my j and I change the oil every 3,000 miles with mobil1 syn, do all of the scheduled maintainences in the book and she runs like a champ. On the other hand, my friend who got a 2004 civic same time I did, changes his oil every 5,000 miles or so on conventional, doesn't take car it at all. His car is falling apart at the seams literatly, he has things on his engine that are falling off and he rattles going down the road. Myths and legends and personal opinions

Old 10-11-2005, 06:14 PM

My v6 mustang has close to 150000 on it, and the engine has never even hiccupped. Even after being in 2 wrecks. Nywayz, lets hear a little about the cars you used to drive, im curious ^_^

Quick Reply: New to this whole "IMPORT" thing