General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Newbie HELP!! Civic/Tercel, A/B

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Default Newbie HELP!! Civic/Tercel, A/B

Hello all....Im a newbie here w/ my first post....
I just recently, after some research purchased an 95 Accord EX w/ 94K miles on it....absolutely love the car. Everything I'd hoped and more...my previous car a '93 Toyota Tercel was dead in the water. After having the Accord now for about 3 months the one thing Im missing from the Tercel is the gas mileage around town...getting mid 20's and got considerably better mileage than that w/ the Tercel.
Defintely love the Hondas and was wondering for those of you who own Accords and Civics....if I got a Civic would my around town gas mileage (mostly all I drive), about what the Tercel was getting?? Edmunds list the Accord 23/town 30/city, (recently got 36mph to Va and back), Civic 28/town 35/city and the Tercel28/town 34/city.
Have a lead on a 2000 Civic LX I could trade for my 95 Accord plus some cash....
Guess Im just wanting to hear from people who own both and their thoughts and experiences between the two.....thanks in advance for any help which I might recieve...........all the best...............Kenny
PS-Hope this makes sense, I took half a Benadryl for my allergies and feeling a bit scatterbrained....lol

Old 01-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Default RE: Newbie HELP!! Civic/Tercel, A/B

A civic would be the same as the tercel or better...especially if you get a high flow cat and intake...i used to get near 40 per gallon in my teg with intake and high flow cat