General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

noob speed question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Default noob speed question

This is a very newb question I am about to ask so if you don't want to answer a stupid question stop reading now. But to the question, since my car is only a few days old and I haven't driven it hard yet, does anybody have any idea what an 07 Civic Si will do performance wise. There are the stupid "ricer" kids in town that think my car is a rocket ship, but to tell you the truth right now I baby it. So basically what I am asking is on the highway what should I be able to mess around with? What cars will destroy me and what should I be able to keep up with or beat, I don't mean the obvious ones like M3s, or corvettes, but cars that aren't high dollar high performance animals.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: noob speed question

ugh, did you at least break in the motor properly?

Old 04-20-2007, 12:31 PM

Thats why i am asking instead of doing, I know that the engine needs to be broken in because it only has 54 miles. I don't want to be like every kid thinking he has a race car I just want an idea of the stock performance before I actually try anything.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

well I think the neccesary break in period is ~500 miles or so. Your dealer should have given you a run down on what to do, and what not to do for proper break-in.

Once it is broken it, it'll bea fairly quick car, but I wouldnt expect to run down any m3's or vettes without some mods to your motor

Old 04-20-2007, 12:59 PM

Well you do have the K20. 190hp and the power to weight ratio is pretty good after all it is a Honda. But you should be able to creap on some mustang gt's.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:05 PM

I was saying that an m3 or a vette is a little out of my league. I actually planned on letting it break in for about 750-1000 miles. Thats what I did for the cobra, and for the 351w I rebuilt for my Bronco. I do appreciate the answers though, butI want this thing to last so I'm not goingto beat the **** out of.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:07 PM
HCF Member

for the love of all that's holy, stick to that break in regimen. don't let them convince you to rip up some pavement. it's an SI...do it right. treat it right.

once you've broken the engine in, then you should see what it will do for you. what cars you beat depends on how well you drive as well. keep that in mind.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:10 PM
HCF Member

boost the K once its broekn in and you will be able to give quite a few cars a run for their money

Old 04-20-2007, 01:21 PM

Guys this is supposed to be my everyday car, you know the milage master, I just wanted something with a little more juice than the regular civics. If I want really fast the cobra will come out, if it snows or I feel like driving through lakes and mud pits the bronco will come out. It would however be nice to know that a car that gets over 30 mpgs will be able to keep up with some things on the road. Thanks for the answers, I was positive I would get kicked off the site for a question like this.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:48 PM
HCF Member

once you brake it in, it will be fast as heck. you should be able to have a fun drive at the very least to and from work on a daily basis.

don't feel like you asked a bad question. it's a good thing to know. the only real answers you're gonna get come from experience. there's plenty of people on this site that have LOTS of experience and plenty of answers (don't consider me one of them). keep with the site, and ask any questions you would like. chances are excellent that someone on here has your answer.

good luck, and definately break in that car the right way.

Quick Reply: noob speed question