General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

OBDII Multi Use Display

Old 03-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot
Default OBDII Multi Use Display

this thing looks badass but i want to know if anyone has any information that they can provide.. is it truely plug and play? as in just plug it in under the dash where you plug in an obd2 reader and it will just work?? if so, how does it rly calculate the MPG? does the ecu calculate all that for it or send it the info? and if it does, why wasnt mpg readers built in standard lol.. anyhow, this looks nifty.. heres the link.. and if it will work, im definatly buying it because i always get cel codes and i would like to clear it outta limp mode that day instead of waitng 2+ weeks till i can get a scanner to clear em lol.. anyhow, anyone got info?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/mpg-meter-a.../p2021060.jcwx

KIWI MPG METER
Monitors fuel efficiency in three different ways, allowing users to save money. Displays and resets Check Engine Light codes Monitors seven additional vehicle parameters, including fuel used and distance to empty. Compatible with all international measurement units Small size and OBD-II compatibility makes for quick and easy installation
Features Included:
- MPG Gauges
- Basic Engine Sensors
- Check Engine Scan Tool
- Trip Computer

Old 03-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Recognized HCF Member

No customer reviews?

Will all the features work and be accurate in your Civic?

Old 03-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

thats what im worryed about.. i mean if i seen it in a store somewhere, i would buy it and if it diddnt work, just return it.. but its kinda harder to do online.. but i can definatly use the CEL code reader and eraser.. mpg reader, and speedometer.. i dont know how fast im going at night cause my cluser lights dont work so this thing would come in handy.. and i photoshopped where i would mount it.. i would get a piece of aluminum and carbon fiber wrap it (fake cf probably wrap, like a sticker basicly), cut it to size, cut the opening for the display and make it flush.. custom make a bracket to hold it on to the mount.. make clips for it so it stays in the dash.. maybe even add another hole for another guage.. i would like to have an rpm gauge.. and i would mount it where the vent is on driver side.. heres a pic..

Old 03-02-2010, 02:52 PM
HCF Member

why dont you fix the lights on your cluster?
or buy some LED strips and put it underdeath to make it light up lol.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i could do that and i plan on it, all i need is the dimmer switch im hopeing.. but i would like this so i could know the exact MPG i get AND be able to clear my CEL codes if needed

Old 03-02-2010, 03:26 PM

non-cluster tachs are fugly, just get an EX cluster. put a different gauge in that spot... voltmeter, oil pressure, etc.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i have to agree but its small and not sitting on my dashboard.. so i figured it would be a nice addition.. but i would mainly want it for cosmetic reasons cause i would have that big ol block off plate there with the display and all the open space lol..

btw, what kinda car is that that i photoshopped? just not noticed it.. the bezel is sticking out ALOT more than mine does, also there is somehting under it with the lighter, mine dont have that, and the shifter area is raised up.. diddnt notice it til now

Old 03-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Have you checked whether fuse 30 under the dash is blown? If so, pry the dimmer switch out of the dash, unplug the connector, and jump the red wire to the black wire in the unplugged connector with a jumper wire. Do the dash lights now work?

Old 03-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

Not blown to my knowledge, atleast it wasnt when i checked a while ago.. i tryed to jump it, it diddnt work.. i used speaker wire tho, woudl that make a difference?

Old 03-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Let's get those lights working. Click the Test Fuses link in my signature. There are two small metal test tabs on the top of each fuse. Use a test light to check each tab for voltage with the light switch on. This is done with the 7.5A dash fuse #30 installed. Both tabs should have voltage. Do this test and report back.

Name:  picture_3573.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  68.8 KB

Last edited by RonJ; 03-02-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OBDII Multi Use Display