General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

The official un-ricing of the Civ (or an attempt)

Old 01-07-2007, 09:02 PM
HCF Member
Default The official un-ricing of the Civ (or an attempt)

So i'm just about sick of looking at the Civic lately. Its gettin way too ricey for my liking, and theres sooo muchi wanna do to it but dont have the money, so here is a plan on whats going to happen in future months.

Heres the Civic right now:
Name:  bk5.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  79.5 KB

So the decals. I got Alpine o nthe front, GReddy on the back, and DC on the gas door. Around the outside of my rims, it says Team Dynamics Racing also. Well i gotta crack in my windshield, so i have to replace it, and when i do i just wont get anotehr Alpine decal. One down.

My side mirrors are fake carbon fiber with LEDs on them. One of them is chipped cuz of my backing into my friends garbage can, so thats bad in itself, and the LEDs look rice too. So i'm lookin for the same stlye and color, with no LED's, and i used to be able to find them on ebay but cant anymore (can only find 92-95's with no LEDs) so if anyone can find that auction. So i'm going to take the DC logo off my gas door, and get a sheet of Carbon Fiber decal to put over my gas door. Thats anotehr decal down, and it will accent the mirrors.

Next spring when i put my rims back on, i'm going to take all the Dynamics Racing decals off and leave them totally white. That should look better as well.

Within the next few weeks i'm moving up from my fart can to a 2.5" catback exhaust with a highflow cat and Magnaflow Resonator. Keeping my ebay muffler, just re-doing the piping.

As far as my body kit goes, its for sale on the HCF classifieds and also will be posting it on ebay. I'm going to get a J-Spec front lip and Type-R grill, and should look somethin like this:
Name:  lipgrill1.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  75.2 KB

Or with mesh
Name:  lipgrill2.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  76.5 KB

Or i might paint hte mesh black so it doesnt look so bad.

Of course the taillgihts, have to go too. I'm switching them back to my stock ones (red/white) to see how they look, and while my ones i have now are off, i'm painting them black where the chrome used to be. Should look somehtin like this:
Name:  blacktails1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  94.7 KB

And if it doesnt turn out good, i'll keep them stock. Speaking of the back, i'm also shaving the DX but keepin the Civic.

As soon as spring rolls around i'm getting some S-Techs to lower my car finally, and also installing my projectors. I'm not sure if that will un-rice my car, but when i do i'll remove my eyebrows as well. My projectors:
Name:  MyProjectors2.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  57.3 KB

So we'll see how it turns outi'll keep ya guys updated

But no matter how hard i try, i'm still expecting Rice comments from Roto

Old 01-07-2007, 09:08 PM
formerly aryiman98civic
Default RE: The official un-ricing of the Civ (or an attempt)

well it looks like you are going in the right direction. i can't wait to see what your car looks like after you get everything done. good luck ben.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:31 PM
mxs
HCF Member

word.

and I moved this, because it isn't off topic...

Old 01-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Recognized HCF Member

good direction to go

Old 01-07-2007, 10:44 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

Around the outside of my rims, it says Team Dynamics Racing also. Next spring when i put my rims back on, i'm going to take all the Dynamics Racing decals off and leave them totally white.
I vote to leave those on there. If they were Motegis or something I'd say peel them off, but Team Dynamics are nice wheels

Old 01-08-2007, 02:20 AM
HCF Member

What about the cliche side vinyls? [sm=joke.gif]

I agree on taking the decals off your wheels, they'll look much better without. [sm=goodidea.gif]

I had one of those AEM decals on the back of my old civic when I bought it. I used this tool to take it off that's used for removing inspection stickers from license plates... you couldn't tell looking at it that there was a sticker there before and there was no scratches on the glass. Although the outline would show everytime my window would fog up. Why don't you try that?

Old 01-08-2007, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

update #1: stock tails once again (i dont know if i'll be painting the old ones, i kinda like just stock)

Name:  CIMG0345.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  50.4 KB

Old 01-08-2007, 07:33 PM
HCF Member

idk you had red/clear taillights, you should have left them on the whole time, and for the aftermarket taillights, just throw them away to prevent yourself from putting them back on.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

haha yea i know that now....ebay special baby, APC chrome altezzas

Old 01-08-2007, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

Im so proud of you flip!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The official un-ricing of the Civ (or an attempt)