General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

oil change, where do you go or...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 03:26 AM
Default RE: oil change, where do you go or...

I usually grab a NAPA Gold or a Wix and some Castrol GTX and just do it here at the shop (work for a dealership) Makes it nice and easy. Saturdays they buy the whole place lunch so its like a bonus~!

Old 11-07-2007, 03:50 AM
HCF Member

alot of you here use mobil 1. if i do get to change my oil, i dont think i have ramps, and i dont have a floor jack for a car.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:32 AM
HCF Member

^^maby a neighbor has some u can use...i also have heard if u go to auto zone u can use there tools there, so that might work for ya

Old 11-07-2007, 09:39 AM

Or just buy all your parts and roll into a neighborhood shop and just ask him, how much to toss it up in the air swap out the oil. Might be supprized at how cheap they will do it. Might make a new friend with a lift as well!!

Old 11-07-2007, 10:53 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: enigma34

alot of you here use mobil 1. if i do get to change my oil, i dont think i have ramps, and i dont have a floor jack for a car.
That's cuz it's a good oil for a reasonable price (unlike royal purple-rediculous pricing[&:])

Old 11-07-2007, 10:53 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Riverdawg

Or just buy all your parts and roll into a neighborhood shop and just ask him, how much to toss it up in the air swap out the oil. Might be supprized at how cheap they will do it. Might make a new friend with a lift as well!!
+1 on that! That is how I found a few lifts in my old town. They would let me use the lift for a pack of smokes. Bring him a pack of smokes, adn the lift was mine for a few hours. Can't beat that deal.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:07 PM
HCF Member

do it myself, four quarts of penzoil and a filter....... i get eevrything at autozone for like 20 bucks

Old 11-07-2007, 03:03 PM
HCF Member

Just change it yourself if you have the tools needed.. if not, try and find a friend that has tools you can use. I've heard a couple bad stories from businesses around my area -- but then again, it might just be that a lot of auto places here aren't very knowledgable..[:@]

Old 11-07-2007, 07:33 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

ORIGINAL: Civic Si 00

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

I don't want those Mexicans at walmart touching my car. Who's idea was it to have walmart change their oil when theres pepboys on every corner?
Why are you being RACIST. More likely your MAD because they took your JOB away or your G/F HAHAHA.

Well I change my own oil. Honda oil filter with Mobil clean oil 5000 5-30.....[&:]
I'm not being racist, I live nowhere near the Mexican border anyways.

I just always read and hear about Walmart getting in trouble for hiring illegal aliens.
Does kinda sound a little racist from a beaner perspective lol.
Any one seen Ralphie May joke about how mexicans can pretty take any joke without getting offended. And I gotta say it is kind of true (i'm a beaner lol)

hehehe, found the video link to Ralphie May's joke... starts around 6.52 min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9mytOPDeeE

Old 11-07-2007, 07:40 PM
HCF Member

Haha sorry.

If you're an illegal immigrant, you can take offense to that. Otherwise, my bad.

Quick Reply: oil change, where do you go or...