General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Ok, suggestions please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Default RE: Ok, suggestions please.

You could upgrade the carpeting to the same kind NASA uses in the space shuttle. It's light weight, stain and fire resistant, so it'll save you a few pounds and add some HP.

Old 10-11-2005, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

But seriously, if you want my honest opinoin, save your money. Why spend money now when you could let it pile up untill you're ready to do the suspension, brakes and swaps, then you can go top notch and do everything right.
Yeah, exactly what I'm doing. I was actually looking for little things like my $3 eyelids.

ORIGINAL: 2000Ex

But if you are looking for something to do maybe start upgrading the sound stuff.
There's nothing stock about my sound system, all top of the line. You'll see when I get pics up, SOMETIME THIS WEEK, I'm just waiting for my eyelids and gauges to get here so you guys get the full experience.

ORIGINAL: ngoti8tor
You could upgrade the carpeting to the same kind NASA uses in the space shuttle. It's light weight, stain and fire resistant, so it'll save you a few pounds and add some HP.
I'll look into it, sounds logical.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:18 AM
HCF Member

OK, I started/plan on doing a couple other little things here...

1) I saw a couple people with their civic badge on the dash, looks cool, but something about it rubbed me wrong. Anyways, I had an old H emblem laying around so I figure I'll paint it black and stick it on my dash. Should look cool and... no one else I've seen has one.

Cost: Free 99, I already have the paint, sand paper, clear coat and double sided tape from when I did the emblem on the rear.

2) Replace all the dash lights with LEDs. I snatched a bunch of green LEDs from one of the labs on campus here (I'm an elec. engineering major so my tuition buys them) then I took my dash all apart and put them in. Not nearly bright enough and the green looks like complete poo in my opinion. I just ordered some VERY bright hyper white ones off eBay.

Cost: $7 for the LEDs

Side note: I had to run and get some stuff off campus in the middle of this so I had to drive about 2 miles each way with no gauge cluster or center consol, in pitch black. It was freaky... there was a county sheriff behind me at one point too and I wasn't sure exactly how fast I was going... good thing they don't really care about anything around here. I also didn't have turn signals because I guess it's part of the hazard switch. Oops.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:00 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: amg6975

Side note: I had to run and get some stuff off campus in the middle of this so I had to drive about 2 miles each way with no gauge cluster or center consol, in pitch black.
[sm=jawdrop.gif]

Old 10-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Side note: I had to run and get some stuff off campus in the middle of this so I had to drive about 2 miles each way with no gauge cluster or center consol, in pitch black. It was freaky... there was a county sheriff behind me at one point too and I wasn't sure exactly how fast I was going... good thing they don't really care about anything around here. I also didn't have turn signals because I guess it's part of the hazard switch. Oops.
aaaahhhahahaha! Thats awesome bro

Old 10-12-2005, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

Yeah man, it was weird... you should try it sometime. Anyways, wanted to share my newest badge painting experience with everyone:

Well, it's freezing and rainy here now and I was trying to do it in the stair way leading to my apt.(not heated) so aparently paint won't stick if it's too cold. It was already a pretty smooth surface anyways too so it was just running off. Soooo, what I did was push down the toaster, grab the emblem with pliers and stick it in there for a bit, pull it out and spray a nice even light coat. Stuck like a dream, so then I put on two more thicker coats. Came out bbbbbbbbbbeautiful. So, if you can't get paint to stick to anything, put it in the toaster.

Edit: Piccy. Sorry for the quality, I reallllly need to get a digital camera.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5226/7F8C0DBF825A49FFA2A965D06685AD7E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-12-2005, 11:57 PM

You know what I'd do if I had any skill at all, is completely D-badge my car, I've got the front grill replaced with a flat black one but I don't have the needed ***** or skill to do the back ones and make it look clean.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:22 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: bkhobbs

You know what I'd do if I had any skill at all, is completely D-badge my car, I've got the front grill replaced with a flat black one but I don't have the needed ***** or skill to do the back ones and make it look clean.
Dude, the back ones are SOOOO easy. Except the H emblem. There are two holes behind that one, but the CIVIC, and EX (or whatever) tags pop right off. Took me probly 15 minutes total to do it to my car

Old 10-13-2005, 08:13 AM
mxs
HCF Member

Nice use of the toaster! This weather sucks.[:'(]

Old 10-13-2005, 09:51 AM
HCF Member

pedals, shifter ****, billet anything you can get to stick, I like the carpet idea, and once you have the old carpet out stuff some dyna mat in. (who cares about weight) Suspension, suspension, suspension, and brakes. Carbon fiber hood (to make up for the dyna mat)

Quick Reply: Ok, suggestions please.