General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

ok what else could it be???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:29 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: ok what else could it be???

Did you check the air filter? You didn't say. That could be part of the problem.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:19 PM
HCF Member

i changed the air filter about 2 months ago, i have sri right now and got a different air filter. the only thing i can think of on why it would be that would be because before my radiator went out it was leaking and there was numerous time where the filter got dirty because of leaking fluid. i cleaned it though the day i put my new radiator in so it could not be that i don't think
[align=left] [/align]

Old 08-02-2007, 11:52 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: phsballer123

i changed the air filter about 2 months ago, i have sri right now and got a different air filter. the only thing i can think of on why it would be that would be because before my radiator went out it was leaking and there was numerous time where the filter got dirty because of leaking fluid. i cleaned it though the day i put my new radiator in so it could not be that i don't think
[align=left][/align]
If your exhaust doesn't sound right, it could very well be that. A plugged cat or muffler would definitely hamper performance. Have you noticed any climb in engine temps when accelerating? Sluggishness combined with higher accel temps would be a definite sign of an obstructed exhaust.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: phsballer123

i was driving tonight and i noticed that my exhaust does not sound like it used too. its like the car is not passing enough air through or something. is it possible that my cat is clogged or something in that area? and would autozone or place like that be able to do a diagnostic on it or will that not tell me my problem???
[align=left][/align]
Autozone is not an auto service garage. Typically, the people who work there are minimum wage making retards who don't know the difference between an o2 bung and their own bunghole. THe only thing they're good for is pulling codes. Unless you've got a CEL, don't even bother taking it to AZ

Run the damn compression test. It's free, and easy.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:25 AM
HCF Member

where do i get the compression test done at? and in the meen time i am going to order my exhaust monday (not sure what type i currently have apexi now but not sure) should i just cut off the exhaust until it comes in to see if that is the problem?? then weld it back on if its not? or what should i do?
[align=left] [/align]