General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

One very long night

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 02:26 AM
HCF Member
Default One very long night

Alright, so tonight I was in my room playing some call of duty when I hear a fart can exhaust start up and take off. Who's car? Mine. I know my car and I knew what exactly was happening. I frantically woke up my dad (I'm in college please no flaming) and tell him what happened. I call 911 and scream at the lady that my car just got jacked. It turns out that the suspect had a ring of like 30 shaved keys, unlocked my car, searched it, then pushed it through the neighbors yard so they could drive west. They pushed it because my house is at the end of dead end but the dead end is just a road block. On the other side is a private road. They took off and as my dad leaves to chase the person I hear my car flying down a street about a half mile away and let the police know where the car is going. An officer shows up at my house and I tell him the story. As we wait I find out the story of what happened with the car.

The guy went through a bunch of neighborhoods and then crossed the highway near my house as a cop saw him. He tried to outrun the cop, but my puny d15b7 probably didnt help him much. He was driving with the lights off and we dont know whether he tried to or not but he jumped it down a 3 foot ditch into a persons yard and it stopped by hitting a maybe 3 inch in diameter small tree. The guy bailed and took off behind houses and tried to hide but by then a K9 police dog supposedly almost killed him lol. They caught the guy and I found my car with surprisingly little damage. The front bumper cover is cracked on top and bottom (lip is still good). The bumper support is slightly bent and pushed back about an inch. Radiator and everything are okay.

Name:  DSCF0659.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  107.3 KB
Name:  DSCF0658.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  59.2 KB

Fixable.

Come to find out my neighbor across the street caught people trying to take his civic the other night. Which I was unaware of.

Lesson learned: cover the inside of the engine bay when I paint it again because I just noticed how much over spray got on my radiator and other ish, need to make a kill switch, get an alarm and a new anti lock device since mine has been broken for a while,

I then have to decide whether its worth it to sue the mother f*cker

Last edited by Lewy2k; 09-29-2009 at 02:34 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:32 AM
HCF Member

Sorry to hear that you had trouble. At least you got the car back almost in one piece. Try to get what you can out of the guy if it is worth your time. Good luck.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:12 AM

Sorry to hear about that, man.

Though it was an entertaining story and you got it back in the end. Glad to see the guy get caught and your Civic back with minor damage. I hope he drops the soap in the prison showers.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:19 AM
Banned

Right after you painted it too. Sorry to hear that bro.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Chubby Chaser

damn yo that is crazy good thing for the fart cans, they save cars.
a good thing to do is when you park the car pull the 30amp fuse from the fuse box under dash it will not start. it goes to your complete fuel system.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:40 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
damn yo that is crazy good thing for the fart cans, they save cars.
a good thing to do is when you park the car pull the 30amp fuse from the fuse box under dash it will not start. it goes to your complete fuel system.
Mine was such a pain to get to, that it wasn't really something you could do on a daily basis.

I always really liked Addiction's kill switch idea. The only thing that worried me about it is the actual switch being able to handle the amps. But if that is a concern, just use a relay, and put the "switch" on the ground side of the relay (not the fuel pump).

Old 09-29-2009, 07:50 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Sorry to hear about that, man.

Though it was an entertaining story and you got it back in the end. Glad to see the guy get caught and your Civic back with minor damage. I hope he drops the soap in the prison showers.
Yeah same here. I'll fix it myself easily. I have more paint left as well. shouldn't be hard.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:39 AM
HCF Member

Dang... thats gotta suck.
at least you got it back!

kinda scary....specially knowing that mine dont even make noise lol.
and my neighbor's car's have been broken into about 4 times these past two weeks. But i been telling them to not leave their work tools in the trunk...

Old 09-29-2009, 09:15 AM
HCF Member

do people seriously have nothing better to do?
it amazes me the stupidity of other human beings..

Was he a kid? teenager? young adult? do you know

Old 09-29-2009, 10:06 AM
HCF Member

The way he drove and the fact the he had shaved keys makes me think young adult. I'm still waiting to hear from the police department.

Quick Reply: One very long night