General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Opinion on wheels, I have a trade going

Old 05-22-2009, 04:30 AM
jvp
HCF Member
Default Opinion on wheels, I have a trade going

Right now I have some decent looking 17s but they need tires in a big way. I have no problem spending the money to put tires on them but the ride kills me, 40 series tires. I put out an ad on Craigslist to see what trades might come up, my "17's for stock alloys". A guy with some Scion wheels contacted me. He wants to trade even for my wheels. My wheels have some curb marks on them but nothing that I can't fix in a few hours and then paint. His wheels are nice with only slight damage on one and has tires that will last me maybe 2k miles.

my plan was to find some HX wheels, then cleanup and sell my 17s to offset the cost of the HX wheels. But if I trade my 17s not sure how good of trade material the Scion wheels would be. This weekend my plan is to hit the salvage yards looking for HX or some other wheels I like. If I come up empty I was going to drop the coin on new rubber for the 17s and drive them until I find some HX, get those then sell the 17s with good rubber to offset the cost of the HX.

I guess what I need is some to tell me what they would do since I am very divided on a plan.

Here are the XB wheels

Here are the 17s I have

Old 05-22-2009, 08:14 AM
HCF Member

I think there bolth ugle. I would keep the ones you have 17''

Old 05-22-2009, 08:16 AM

I agree with enigma. I would seriously try and hold out for some Hx's, Si's, or GSR blades.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:49 AM
jvp
HCF Member

I will decide after I hit the yards tomorrow. I will prob trade for the XB wheels and keep looking for some nicer wheels Monday. The XB wheels have tires with tread on them, vast improvement over what I have now. Then when I find the HX or other alloys get them and sell the Xb wheels. Just trying to keep my cost down right now. Who knows I may get one side of the XB wheels on and hate 'em and back out on it.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:44 PM

They're okay but I think you can do better. Do those XB rims even have the right tires?
what size are they? (and the rim size too)

Old 05-22-2009, 02:34 PM
HCF Member

get the xbs for sure i hate the rims you have now lol and more tread is better

Old 05-22-2009, 03:13 PM
HCF Member

keep ur current rims. Don't care for xb rims and the tires on it just make the whole setup look fuglier

hope that helps

Old 05-22-2009, 05:37 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jvp
I will decide after I hit the yards tomorrow. I will prob trade for the XB wheels and keep looking for some nicer wheels Monday. The XB wheels have tires with tread on them, vast improvement over what I have now. Then when I find the HX or other alloys get them and sell the Xb wheels. Just trying to keep my cost down right now. Who knows I may get one side of the XB wheels on and hate 'em and back out on it.
One thing iv learn about spending money on my car is, save up and buy what you realy want, not worth settling for the moment.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:55 PM
HCF Member

+1 with enigma3. Be patient and wait for what u want. u might get lucky and find some sweet set of wheels. BTW, id go with 16s. the scion wheels are ok but u can do better.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:15 PM
jvp
HCF Member

I hear ya on the save and get what you want but I need tires on the 17s like last week, no getting around that. I just got word on the tires on the Xb wheels, they are the same height and width as the stock 14s but they are 15s so I would be on 4x4 status, not gonna happen.

I don't really want the Xb wheels, I really don't want the 17s but I got to get some rubber down ASAP. I called a tire and wheel shop and was told of a set of 4x100 Honda alloys with tires ready to go gonna see them tomorrow after I hit the salvage yards.

16s would be great, got a set to sell me?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Opinion on wheels, I have a trade going