General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Opinions Needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Default Opinions Needed

hey guys i posted here over the summer not much since then though...anyway i would just like to know what i should do to my civic first i am on a tight budget but i would like it to look nice i am not mechanically inclined so if its anything mechanically it would have to be easy but what on ebay should i buy for the civic first its all stock...i was looking at a dash trim kit

please give me ideas

thanks

Old 01-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Opinions Needed

what kinda civic do you have?

Old 01-28-2008, 04:14 PM

99 civic ex auto its red

Old 01-28-2008, 05:46 PM

The standard answer will be I/H/E. It's a good way to start. Budget, look into Megan Racing.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:51 PM
HCF Member

if you dont know what this is its intake header exhaust you will add around 10-15 hp ebay is pretty scetchy to buy off of post some pics and we'll have a better idea if your looking for visual maybe tint, used wheelsor audio maybe a headunit all of these are fairly easy installs

Old 01-29-2008, 04:26 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: thechamp023
hey guys i posted here over the summer not much since then though...anyway i would just like to know what i should do to my civic first i am on a tight budget but i would like it to look nice i am not mechanically inclined so if its anything mechanically it would have to be easy but what on ebay should i buy for the civic first its all stock...i was looking at a dash trim kit
please give me ideas
thanks
I'm not big on spending money on stuff that doesn't really have any function, so I wouldn't bother with stuff like a dash kit unless it was to replace a damaged dash.

I'd put in a nice alarm first. Get one with remote-start if you live where it gets cold. There's no sense in having a nice car if some schlep can just easily take it from you. You'll also get a discount on your insurance.

Then I'd consider some nice lightweight rims and UHP tires when your tires need replacing. They can make the car safer and more fun to drive, can add a little value for resale, can improve aesthetics, and they're easy to install. Just make sure to get locking lugs, the right sizes, and correct wheel offset.

Cheaper still, I'd clean the inside of the car really good, Scotchguard the whole interior, and get some nice floormats. Then don't let anybody smoke inside it.

Then I'd get a Factory Service Manual. You may not be mechanically inclined right now, but it behooves you to learn stuff like this in life. The first time you have to use it for anything involved, the manual/toolset will pay for itself.

Some simple projects I've found useful in my vehicles:

- Extra 12V accessory plugs, wired in with fuses/circuit-breakers.
- 12V DC to 120V AC inverter wired in.
- Used Yakima roofrack on ebay or craigslist.
- Fullsize spare.
- Amber 55W FOGlights, mounted low. (Great for heavy snow, rain, or fog)
- Locking gascap.
- Optima deep-cycle/starting battery.
- Engine cleaning.
- I/H/E. Don't forget the flow-thru cat.
- Ceramic pads and slotted rotors.

There are a lot of other projects you can do, but get yourself comfortable with simple stuff like this first.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:31 AM

slam it, any exhaust on a auto sounds like pure ****. for a car like yours the body styles are clean but i would more look into running a nice suspension setup, such as kyb 4 ways with ground controls. or koni, or tokico, being a tight budget though

Kybs with skunk 2 coilovers or just lowering springs

Old 01-29-2008, 03:36 PM

thank you to everyone who responded i am totally lost right now haha i tried reading what you all said and i just am lost if someone can tell me how to post a pic i can post some up they arent the best though