General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Opinions on what i should do next

Old 01-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Banned
Default Opinions on what i should do next

Hey everyone. i dont really know what i should do to my civic next. i am going for fast acceleration (however the fu*k you spell that). I am getting $300 soon and dont know what to spend it on. so far i have,
Header
Intake
Exaust
thats about it. what can i get that will give me the most HP for $300 or less

Old 01-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Angry Admin

what you should do is fix your suspension! unless you havent already done so. then if not you should get a savings account. =]

Old 01-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Just fix your suspension. You're not going to get any noticeable change in acceleration with $300 anyway.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:40 AM

HP is nothing without a good suspension and tire setup.
Shocks, Racing Springs, sway bars, stabilizer bars, wheels, tires.

Did you weld that cat on like you said you were going to? Just wondering, because you said you were but I haven't heard back from you. With a CEL being thrown, you are in limp mode and making less power so the first thing to do would be to fix that if you haven't already. that should be a cheap fix though, if you still have the stock cat, since you can just weld it on and extend the wire harness to reach to that o2 sensor.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:48 AM
HCF Member

I don't know what is wrong with your suspension but after you fix it start geting parts like an intake manifold, camshaft, cam gear, high flow fuel rail and a high flow fuel filter just simple add on parts like that one at a time being that only $300 is burnin a hole in your pocket lol

Old 01-25-2009, 01:56 PM

oh i know!
buy a used nitrous kit. put on a 50-shot jet and call it a day.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Snail'n Admin

watch where you go with this stu....

Old 01-25-2009, 03:01 PM
HCF Member

yes, fix your suspension. dont get the intake manifold or fuel rail...

Old 01-25-2009, 03:07 PM
HCF Member

^why not wouldn't they compliment everything else especially if he plans on continuing building it in the future

Old 01-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Recognized HCF Member

IMO... before you mod your car further you should fix whats busted first and since youve said before you dont have a job currently then i would put the money in the bank and make it last!!!!!
and like said you wont feel any more HP for only 300bucks. so at the most just fix what needs like those springs and the CEL code.... fixing the CEL o2 code will probably give you better performance and mpg as well....

not trying to be a D*** but without a regular paycheck coming in... moding your vehicle is not your best chose to make right now... because next thing ya know your broke again and this time you got a serious problem you need to fix or deal with and your broke with no way to do so...

hell i got a fulltime job, not that great but is extra spending cash here and there and i still find myself alot being to broke to buy some toys like i would like to do. and with 2vehicles its even worse for me.LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Opinions on what i should do next