General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

painting valve cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 03:53 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: painting valve cover

black dosent stand out. the original valve cover was black. I meant like should I do blue or anything like that. I saw a flourscent green and it looked good

Old 01-31-2007, 03:56 PM
HCF Member

if you want to stand out, paint the american flag on it or paint it baby **** green, if you want it to look clean, paint it black or some suddle color.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:01 PM
HCF Member

I was thinking purple but then I knowI would get heckled. so I figured like a very bright color like green or something .

Old 01-31-2007, 05:13 PM

I think a shiny Silver would look pretty cool, even more subtle than black, but you could just make it match your car.. rice style... I can picture mine .... teal with everything in the engine bay teal'd up... a...we...som..

Old 01-31-2007, 05:28 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

ORIGINAL: Stumasters

Shouldn't you replace your seals and o-rings and all that, before re-assembly?
there are no seals or o-rings, just a gasket that can be reused if in considerable condition. clean the head with some degreaser and install gasket and put a dab of sealant in the corners around the cam housing to keep a good seal.
What type of sealant do you use? Also, could someone post a picture of where you need to put the sealant exactly?

Old 01-31-2007, 06:02 PM
HCF Member

hondabond works, and you apply it in the four corners where your gasket has the 90* angle.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:10 PM
HCF Member

if its a red car with a red engine bay what color would stand out alot and would not look super ricey?

I was thinking purple but then I knowI would get heckled. so I figured like a very bright color like green or something .
So let me get this straight. You want to paint your valve cover green on a red car and not look like a ricer? Thats impossible. Paint it black, silver, red, or something close to those. If you paint it purple, green, or any other bright color that matches nothing on your car, then its 100% rice. Im not saying dont do it, im just saying if you dont want people to laugh at you, paint it a color that matches your car.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cbaber

if its a red car with a red engine bay what color would stand out alot and would not look super ricey?

So let me get this straight. You want to paint your valve cover green on a red car and not look like a ricer? Thats impossible. Paint it black, silver, red, or something close to those. If you paint it purple, green, or any other bright color that matches nothing on your car, then its 100% rice. Im not saying dont do it, im just saying if you dont want people to laugh at you, paint it a color that matches your car.
the thing is that people would be expecting that ****. when they see a bright color. ( ex. orange green . etc... ) they will be like oh **** lol thats cool

Old 01-31-2007, 07:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

hondabond works, and you apply it in the four corners where your gasket has the 90* angle.
Do you apply it on the valve cover on the corner? And in the corner? Or do you mean like kinda like a PB&J where u just put on one side and put it down. I'm going to do this to the civic when I get it so yeah.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:00 PM
HCF Member

the gasket on the valve cover doesn't just lay on the head, the valve cover has a grove running around the whole thing, you insert the gasket in the groove, then apply the sealant in the four corners on the head itself.

ORIGINAL: Tater

ORIGINAL: cbaber

the thing is that people would be expecting that ****. when they see a bright color. ( ex. orange green . etc... ) they will be like oh **** lol thats cool
no, when people see that, all they're going to say is what the **** was he thinking painting it that color. i think the only people that can pull that off are the people with some crazy *** setup where the valve cover can be overlooked, and in your case, that doesn't apply, sorry, just my opinion.

Quick Reply: painting valve cover