General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

performance on an auto?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Default performance on an auto?

I was wondering if it would make sense to add performance parts on an automatic car or should i just stick to visuals upgrades?

Old 12-09-2007, 03:23 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: performance on an auto?

personally I wouldn't waste my money trying to put modifications on a automatic. The only things I would just probably do is installed a exhaust and a AEM short ram intake some rims and get it lowered.

But like to be throwing some headers, pulleys, cams, type r pistons , Chip the ecu, turbo, etc...[sm=noooo.gif]

Old 12-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Super Cereal Admin

automatic = slow
turbo automatic = faster
manual-swapped civic that used to be automatic = yes, please

I say swap it to a 5-speed. Or maybe even do an engine swap and transmission swap at the same time (it's been done quite a bit). But if you don't feel like spending the $1000 on a transmission swap or $2500-$3000 on an engine swap (H22, B16, B18b), then I'd say intake/header/exhaust/lowering springs/wheels.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:42 PM

Its your car do what you want to it

Old 12-09-2007, 10:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kwin

WASTE of money..Probably you also have an automatic.

****Who agrees with me here. automatic = economy car not meant to be boosted. You will see more gains if you modified a 5 speed car.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:01 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Civic Si 00

****Who agrees with me here. automatic = economy car not meant to be boosted. You will see more gains if you modified a 5 speed car.
yeah, but a boosted automatic is still way better than a n/a automatic.[8D]

Old 12-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Super Cereal Admin

You should probably talk to Pete about that... he boosted his auto. And despite what you think, a boosted auto simply means a very fast automatic. Why do you think there's factory-turbocharged automatics?

Old 12-10-2007, 01:00 PM
HCF Member

I had a D16Z6 auto with a greddy kit at 10psi. It would have eaten your si up. I ended up blowing the motor and swapping a 5 speed GSR in.....I boosted the auto because I got a good *** deal on a turbo kit and wanted to make it faster. I knew it would end up breaking eventually, but hey, I could get another auto tranny for 200$ on ebay lol. 5 speed IS better, but i was working with what I had. I was planning on a 5 speed tranny swap on that engine thou, but the motor blew and I just said screw it, and like I said I now have a 5 speed gsr engine in there.......which is also fun

Old 12-10-2007, 01:18 PM
HCF Member

I agree with kwin

Old 12-10-2007, 01:22 PM
HCF Member

[/quote]

I had a D16Z6 auto with a greddy kit at 10psi. It would have eaten your si up. I ended up blowing the motor and swapping a 5 speed GSR in.....I boosted the auto because I got a good *** deal on a turbo kit and wanted to make it faster. I knew it would end up breaking eventually, but hey, I could get another auto tranny for 200$ on ebay lol. 5 speed IS better, but i was working with what I had. I was planning on a 5 speed tranny swap on that engine thou, but the motor blew and I just said screw it, and like I said I now have a 5 speed gsr engine in there.......which is also fun
[/quote]

personally I think it's much funner toboost and drive a 5 spd car. If my car where to be boosted too you wouldn't have a chance at all. I don't want to boost my car to much because it kind of sucks living in Cali and all the mods I've done are legal. I try to keep everything legal because if they pop your hood open and see all these illegal mods..You'r car will get taken away and in some city's around where I live if it gets taken away there you car will getsmashed in a wrecking yard for scrap