General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Picked up another civic! (lots of pics)

Old 05-19-2010, 08:59 PM
HCF Member

i say keep the lip and hood bro IMO, it looks good. good plans too. post pics of the upgrade!

Old 05-19-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

I dissagree haha get rid of the hood if its a fake haha the lip get rid of too

Edit: oh and fogs ??? yea or nea?

Old 05-19-2010, 09:23 PM
HCF Member

I like the car man, it sounds like you got a great deal.

As far as the hood, I LOVE carbon fiber hoods, but I HATE hoodpins. the ones danomatic have are bearable, but the rest are bleh. So if it was my car, I would just go get a carbon hood that doesn't have holes drilled in it.

And for the lip, It looks ok. I personally perfer the SiR lips though.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:36 AM
HCF Member

im loving the hood and lip i say keep both and save your money for something else

Old 05-20-2010, 05:49 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Drew, I'm disappointed in you. You're in Calgary, the land of RHD cars, and you decide to pick up another LHD car? Tsk tsk tsk.

Seriously, if it weren't a 14 hour drive one way, I'd be chillin' with you on my way to buy a RHD EG6.

I'm lovin' the Sprint Hart CPRs though. I say screw the turbo, though. That's what the 180sx is for (do you still have it btw?)... go N/A. ITB's, Bisimoto header, bump the CR up.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:47 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Drew, I'm disappointed in you. You're in Calgary, the land of RHD cars, and you decide to pick up another LHD car? Tsk tsk tsk.

Seriously, if it weren't a 14 hour drive one way, I'd be chillin' with you on my way to buy a RHD EG6.

I'm lovin' the Sprint Hart CPRs though. I say screw the turbo, though. That's what the 180sx is for (do you still have it btw?)... go N/A. ITB's, Bisimoto header, bump the CR up.
Dont worry Chris I still have the 180sx! ((check out the updated project thread pics I put up there)) That would be cool if you ever did come up here, and Im sure you would find a deal, definitely could chill lol would be fun.

Ya the sprints looks nice I actually get comments on them from people that I would assume aren't even car enthusiasts they are much nicer in person. I cant really decide what I want to do motor wise. I look at it like this, if I keep my good job now Ill have a good budget. The peakboost kit, all the supports and hondata will cost me around 4000.

What could I do to a b16a with 4k and keep it NA and get some decent power, it would be the ultimate track car with a high hp NA b16 (track as in circuit racing) turbo would be crazy too but you may be right, Im looking for around 400whp in my 180 so I can drift on command and have the power to run low 12's as well lol.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Im not 100% sure on on how much power turbos get u and all that so im not gonna say yea or nea on the turbo subject but i do think that if you have the money to make it a kick @$$ circuit car DO IT!!! haha that way u can have a prety f-in sweet drift car, the 180sx, and a suhweet track bred hatch just my $0.02

Old 05-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Rule of thumb: you don't want too much more than 250-300whp on a FWD street car because traction becomes a major issue since the front wheels are given two tasks (steering the car and pulling it).

Turbos can give you whatever power level you need depending on the size of the car and the engine mods (stock internals, lowered CR, head, etc).

Drew, here's my take on it. You already have a freakin' sweet boosted car (the 180). Go N/A. Also, with N/A, the power is there whenever you need it; you don't have to wait for anything to spool. In addition, there's less heat (lower IATs), a flatter torque curve, and less weight over the nose. Basically, at the same power levels with two identical cars, the N/A car will almost always make a better track car than the turbo'd car. That's not to say I wouldn't mind driving a turbo'd car, but like I said, that's what the s13 is for

Old 05-23-2010, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Rule of thumb: you don't want too much more than 250-300whp on a FWD street car because traction becomes a major issue since the front wheels are given two tasks (steering the car and pulling it).

Turbos can give you whatever power level you need depending on the size of the car and the engine mods (stock internals, lowered CR, head, etc).

Drew, here's my take on it. You already have a freakin' sweet boosted car (the 180). Go N/A. Also, with N/A, the power is there whenever you need it; you don't have to wait for anything to spool. In addition, there's less heat (lower IATs), a flatter torque curve, and less weight over the nose. Basically, at the same power levels with two identical cars, the N/A car will almost always make a better track car than the turbo'd car. That's not to say I wouldn't mind driving a turbo'd car, but like I said, that's what the s13 is for

I hear ya Chris and Kenny that would be sweet I guess hey lol! Anyways I've been looking into the built b16a for NA more and it looks like Ill go that route. Like I said I was talking to a guy with a port and polished b16a head, and it was rebuilt (all the internals except cam gears) with skunk2 parts. I had a look and it looks sweet. Remember I got the Hondata s200 with the hatch too (unused) and I did some reading the s200 is still in the game when were talking tuned NA honda's. Im not sure but Ive heard the pistons in the b16a are already good enough for a decent high comp. build so I wont do those at the moment. So my plan for a build so far:

-b16a ported and polished head rebuilt with skunk2 parts (retainers,springs, etc.)
-skunk2 pro series cams and cam gears
-hondata head gasket (thin) for higer comp.
-T1R header and b-pipe to spoon sports exhaust (spoon already on)
-aem cold air intake
-a badass dyno tune on Hondata s200 (so I will have dyno sheets to show you guys)
-and Im hoping I can hit near 200whp (I think I will with a hondata tune on the dyno)

Im basically copying a setup in modfied mag from a while ago. The head will net me fairly big gains with the nice port and polish job and skun2 cams/gears and other parts. I should get a nice 9000+ rpm redline too lol. Some parts that I got for now, I would actually love to build the car as a skunk2 car, and hopefully get noticed while doing some local circuit racing at the rookie level. Who knows, if the car is quick and I get into the groove of racing mabey I could at the least get some nice skunk2 sponsor decals for the car (it will eventually become a mostly track car and ocasional weekend city ripper.

Some Skunk2 sleeves Ive had for about 3 years without using lol.
Name:  Garagepics001.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  41.4 KB
Name:  Garagepics005.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  52.4 KB
Name:  Garagepics006.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  37.4 KB

Skunk2 dual bend short shift kit, I love these short shifters on the honda, very solid part and a dc sports shifter *** for now!
Name:  Garagepics008.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  31.9 KB
Name:  Garagepics003.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  27.5 KB

Blox lower control arms anodized blue, will get the tie brace as well eventually and camber arms.
Name:  Garagepics010.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  37.7 KB
Name:  Garagepics013.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  46.3 KB

And Ill take the tein springs off these older skunk2 sport shocks and make skunk2 coilovers out of them with my sleeves kit and the shocks. Perfect combo!
Name:  Garagepics015.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  61.1 KB

Last edited by megafandrew; 05-23-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Super Cereal Admin

mmmmmmm.... suspension parts. The only bad thing I've heard about the S2 sleeves is the springs are a bit soft; that'd be entirely personal preference on a street car, though.

Have you given any thought to the PW:JDM Powerchamber intake? I think the gain is comparable to a SRI, but it has the air chamber to increase throttle response.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Picked up another civic! (lots of pics)