General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

please convince me to buy civic 4dr ex instead

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 02:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: please convince me to buy civic 4dr ex instead

im pretty sure that mitsubishi had something to do with the design on that motor, it looks almost identical to the NA 420a in the eclipses. although mitsu isnt the pinnacle of reliability, it should help dodge to have their input. and that car isnt for people looking for reliability, its for people looking for a car that is fast as hell for around 20 grand.

Old 11-14-2004, 10:12 PM
HCF Member

Ya, I never said anything about reliability. The SRT-4 is so cheap and offers so much. It has a damn LSD!!! Tell me where else you gonna find a car with that type of performance for such little money.

Obviously this is not a long term car. I say lease the thing for three years and drive the **** out of it for those three years. It will be fun as hell. Just take the car STOCK to the track and race it. All you need to worry about is tires and brakes. When the lease is up, give it back to them...

Also, I know a lot of people thinking the way I am... so DO NOT BUY A USED SRT-4!! It is likely that the owner abused it... I would..

Old 11-15-2004, 11:04 AM

Ya, I never said anything about reliability. The SRT-4 is so cheap and offers so much. It has a damn LSD!!! Tell me where else you gonna find a car with that type of performance for such little money.

Obviously this is not a long term car. I say lease the thing for three years and drive the **** out of it for those three years. It will be fun as hell. Just take the car STOCK to the track and race it. All you need to worry about is tires and brakes. When the lease is up, give it back to them...

Also, I know a lot of people thinking the way I am... so DO NOT BUY A USED SRT-4!! It is likely that the owner abused it... I would..
Alright, I'll have to agree with you then, but personally I wouldn't want to lease one, because you are limited as to what upgrades you could do to your car. And of course, I would never buy any used american car for that matter

Old 11-15-2004, 11:21 AM
HCF Member

I totally agree with you. I would never buy used American car either. In fact, I would never buy american car period... I'm just saying for the money you can get a pretty decent car. Some poeple dont mind american cars. Also, you don't even need to mod the car much since it is already pretty good.

Old 11-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 11-15-2004, 02:52 PM

The srt4 although fast for the money does not handle well................at all
I don't know much about that car, but if it doesn't handle well, I don't care how fast it is - it sucks, period. And as for no9t9, your SiR page totally convinced me to seriously consider getting that car, although it's not easy to find these days.

Old 11-15-2004, 02:54 PM

BTW, you got any pics of your evo? (based on your sn, i figured u got one) Those cars are awesome and wicked fast.

Old 11-15-2004, 03:13 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 11-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 11-15-2004, 06:18 PM

ahh...what a fine piece of machinery!

Quick Reply: please convince me to buy civic 4dr ex instead