General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Please help a complete noob w/ SeaFoam on a 05 Civic LX

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Default Please help a complete noob w/ SeaFoam on a 05 Civic LX

Hey everyone. I bought two bottles of SeaFoam and one SeaFoam Spray (Deep Creep) per my friend's request, as he was the one to do it for me. I've seen him doing it numerous times on his car and he has done it once on my last car a 04 Ford Focus.

He won't be able to do it this weekend and I really want it done before I do emissions inspection.

I've read a few of the threads here and looked at some of the videos on youtube, but nothing on a 05 Civic LX, and I want to do it right as I'm going to be doing it by myself.

I remember a few things when my friend was doing it, and that is to keep the engine running and push the gas pedal to about 10 or so mph while SeaFoam is injected into (??? one of the first questions here)

The Deep Creep spray, I kind of get an idea of how to do, you have to unscrew the little plastic thing, and just spray some of it on the throttle.

BUT. I am really a noob at this, hence why I'm asking here on a forum. I'm a noob but if I'm shown how to do something I'm capable of carrying out the task.

What I need, is a little help and guidelines... here's the shot of the goodies, can you tell me what to pour the SeaFoam into? (1/3 is it?)

click on the thumbnail for bigger pic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and a shot where I think the throttle is at? the little plastic thing

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks guys

Old 10-08-2011, 11:14 AM

Ok so the Seafoam should be poured into the vacuum hose/line

is this it? http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/866/vacuumf.jpg

Old 10-10-2011, 07:07 AM

can anybody help please?????

Old 10-13-2011, 07:10 PM
HCF Member

here is what you do get a cup pour a whole bottle of seafoam in it,(done this before works wonders!!) pour a third the cup into your crankcase, while its running then the other third into the break booster line to the motor pour it slowly at first then dump it in car should stall out or almost the shut it off right away let sit about 10 mintues and pour the other third into the gas tank. start it back up(might be hard to start at first dont worry) then let it idle for about 15 mintues before reving it. white smoke should come out the back its normal thats the carbon leaving the motor.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:06 PM
HCF Member

Don't use SEAFOAM. It melts converters. SEAFOAM CREEP is the worst spray rust penetrating oil I have ever used.
I know I'll hear a bunch of flack over what I just said, but I have had it ruin a converter & I know others that agree 100% with me on this. Buying fix in a can is a big sales gimmick & rip off. Regular gasoline has all the things needed to keep a proper maintained engine running at its best. If you can't pass smog with out SEAFOAM you have problems. I held a Class A Smog License in the State of California in my younger days as a mechanic.
Just a note: I test some of these miracle products to see if they really do work. Shortly after using SEAFOAM in my Blazer the converter plugged up. just over 100,000 miles. Not normal for GMs. When it came off my buddy that owns the muffler shop said, look at this. The converter was melted & starting to plug. NO CELs, Nothing but the use of SEAFOAM.
If you want to clean up the combustion chambers drizzel water down the intake. That will clean up the engine & not hurt anything. Ever seen an engine that blew a head gasket how clean the valves are in the cylinder or cylinders where coolant got in?

Last edited by 90 Civic; 10-15-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:48 AM
Banned

I hear that after pouring 1/3 of it into the hose (slowly so car doesn't stall) that I should pour another 1/3 into the gas tank... good idea? or not. I'm Sarkari ResultPnr Status 192.168.1.1 sorry I'm a noob, need some help!

Last edited by Adomanim; 01-06-2020 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:44 AM
HCF Member

forum has always been a little slow but its always best to check the original post date of threads so your not performing archeology on dead threads. its ok to post a new thread for your questions. the bottle of seafoam has pretty good instructions on the bottle so just follow the instructions as indicated. also as mentioned above in the post you revived from the dead. if you have an su****ions that your cat is getting questionable seafoam will possibly finish it off. seafoam is a nice product if used correctly for the right reasons its not a proper fix for anything.