General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Possibly swapping Si's - NHBP for a TW Nav

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Default Possibly swapping Si's - NHBP for a TW Nav

Bought an '07 NHBP sedan in August. Love the car. Great bang for the buck. Fun as heck to drive. At the time I really wanted a Nav model but none were available. I also swore for years I'd never own a black car. But I liked the look of the sedan in black. Now I know why I swore off a black car -- I'm too OCD for a black car. And up here in the northeast with road salt for 4 months of the year, it pains me to see the crap on the black and I can't wash it myself during this time.

So I'm thinking crazy thoughts. With only 3500 miles on my '07, I'm considering trading it in for an '08 Taffeta White Nav model. Sedan or coupe, doesn't really matter to me. I prefer the versatility of the sedan. But IMO the sedan looks better in black and the coupe looks better in white. I'm looking at pics on the 8th of taffeta Si's like a mad man here...

The finance part is not a big concern. I financed half of my '07. Yeah, I'd take a bit of a hit on the trade-in. That and the Nav model would boost my monthly payment, but not by too much. Another factor - there are great deals to be had the last week of the year.

Am I crazy? I know it's a bit of a personal decision but let me hear the wise thoughts of the forum! Try and talk me out of it or talk me into it!

Old 12-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Default RE: Possibly swapping Si's - NHBP for a TW Nav

You are right, black is a b%!@# to keep looking nice and salt on the roads makes me sick too, but imo dont get white its SOOO boring, get a metallic something or red if there are any dark silvers, go for that. oh and I myself would get a coupe but if a sedan satisfies you, more power to ya.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Possibly swapping Si's - NHBP for a TW Nav

i like the metallic blue that the sedans come in but you might have the same dirt problem but what do i know? and black definetely sux to keep clean and every little scratch will show