General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Probably totalled...

Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 PM
HCF Member

sorry to hear it i think once you reach 65 you should have to re-take a drivers test every year or two. ****ing old people FTL

god Civic spares are dinky

Old 11-06-2008, 04:58 AM

The funniest thing is that the donut spare is filled to the proper PSI and it's still riding just barely off the rim.

I had hoped that I could hammer the metal out of the way and fit a full size tire on it again, but the metal is too hard to bend due to the damage. It's gonna remain "undriveable" until I can get insurance to do something. I really don't want to go with a rental because insurance usually doesn't cover the full cost of a rental car, and I'm gonna need it for a while.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Recognized HCF Member

You had a green arrow? There's no way her light would be green then, and a right turn on red requires you to stop, and yield to everyone before turning. But it is hard to prove how the light was. Many states put all the onus on the guy turning left.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 AM

Her insurance adjuster came today, just an hour ago (super fast. I think I like Traveler's Insurance Co). I don't have a dollar amount, but the adjuster took down the info on the tire, took pics of the entire car (super clean, still waxed, etc. Everything looked GOOD except the wrecked side and the hood, but leaves were covering the damage from that tree limb.) She took pics of the car from all sides and then sat in her car for over 30 minutes while we waited for the final results. Didn't get a paper copy yet. Have to wait until later.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:10 AM
HCF Member

I hate finding out about previous accidents your car has been in the hard way!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 02:41 PM

The loaner car is a 2001 Civic LX from my sister. It's strange. I don't like the 7th gen coupes. They're like the bastard brother to the other generations that no one talks about. And it just doesn't sound right...

Old 11-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Recognized HCF Member

About a year ago, a guy rear ended me at a stop light. No witnesses, but it seemed clear cut to me. His only statement to me was, "I thought you were going to go." Later, he claimed to the insurance company that I backed into him at the intersection. Ludicrous! My insurance company told me that the other guy and I would share equal fault in the accident as our stories were conflicting. I could not stand for such BS, so I requested that an arbitrator judge the case. I won. The other guy didn't even show up for the arbitration hearing.

If you are being wronged in this situation, take it as far as possible to get justice.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Hey brad, any updates?

Old 11-11-2008, 01:23 PM

Watch out for travelers. They are scummy. Can't go into details because of a ongoing court proceeding, but trust me.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya either way definatly get your own estimates....
and before you do any hammering on the metal to try and fit a good tire take plenty of pictures before and after!!!!!!!

just pull the tire and try to use a large area sledge to push the metal clear of the wheel.

or ya could also buy a fender roller tool and use it to bend the metal clear of the tire

needless to say thats close to a total..... all depends how much milage on your car and the cars value.... good luck either way!
luckely ive never been in a accident yet so i havent had to deal with all the BS... at least not yet.... main problem you could have is..... can the door open? that will be a huge PITA to open if its wedged shut. and also trying to get the perfect contor if you try to fix it to keep out wind noise from that door.... if you do get the cash and think you can fix it yourself id highly suggest trying to buy that area from a good junk yard car to cut out and weld inplace of yours! will be alot easier to weld steel inplace rather than trying to bend all that metal back.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Probably totalled...