General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Project I'm working on.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Default Project I'm working on.

1990 Honda Civic Wagon

It's a project I recently started. I bought the car for 600. The rear window is busted out, some kids went crazy trying to primer it, the paints really rough and crusty like they didn't wipe it down before they primered, both fenders are destroyed. the right fender has a huge hole in it and the left is dented and bent. FYI the car does not run.

I'm trying to find referbished fenders or new ones, it's really hard to get ahold of them. I'm going to stick with the stock hood, bumpers, etc.

I plan on keeping the original engine, doing a few mods to it. I've heard the transmissions on these models are crap and can't push over 300? is that right? The car dosen't run at the moment, I'm thinking it's a timing issue. It sounds like it's trying to turn over but it puts and sounds like it's out of gas. I checked that it's getting gas.

I'm thinking of sanding down the car, most of it to bare metal because it needs it, bad. Primer it flat black and throw on a clear coat? Would that look good? I've seen a few kids with primered cars flat black with a clear coat and it actually looks pretty good IMO.

edit: also going to paint most of the interior (metalic silver/black)

this is the car after i stripped it down.

damanged fenders

hood before primer, after sanding

hood after primer

rear before primer, after sanding

rear after priming

both sides of the car are sanded, i plan on primer asap. going to then wet sand all primer on the car and most likely reprimer then paint.

any ideas or suggestions?

Thorw in what you think about this project .[8D]

Old 09-12-2007, 10:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Project I'm working on.

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 09-12-2007, 11:30 PM

you don't have to be rude. i said i'll have pic's tomorrow.

right now my camera has dead batteries, it's 330 in the morning. i'm not going to run get batteries.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:01 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: hinkle

you don't have to be rude. i said i'll have pic's tomorrow.

right now my camera has dead batteries, it's 330 in the morning. i'm not going to run get batteries.
O.K. Your new here, so I will let that slide.

Let me explain. We kinda have a thing here where we all love to use that .gif and try to be the first one to use it a thread taht should have pics. We are not trying to be rude at all.

Trust me, I really do what to see what you are doing, and so do mosts of the other people here. So dont think that I am being a jerk. After you have been here awhile you will start getting some of the jokes and stuff.

Can't wait to see your project, and welcome to the forum. Hope you like it here!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 04:36 PM

yeah, sorry i havent slept. and i cant seem to figure out the image coding?

it only lets me upload 5, but there has to be a way to just put it right on the thread..

Old 09-13-2007, 05:58 PM
HCF Member

Hinkle: all fixed buddy

Old 09-13-2007, 06:00 PM
HCF Member

I don't understand why you'd put all these efforts on such an ugly car... Old civics are nice... but wagons?

Old 09-13-2007, 06:08 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: foress_89

I don't understand why you'd put all these efforts on such an ugly car... Old civics are nice... but wagons?
lets be nice now ok? lol, he got it for a few hundred bucks... I would do it just to have a good project to work on. once hes done he can sell it for more than he put into it or whatever... like I said, I would do it just for the fun of doing it

Old 09-14-2007, 08:34 AM

excataly.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:39 AM

i really don't think the car is that ugly either. i mean yeah, right now it is. but i dont think it will be in the future.

slow? yes it will stay slow, idc much for speed. well..i do but not with this car.

Quick Reply: Project I'm working on.