General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Pulled over!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 02:17 PM
HCF Member
Default Pulled over!

Hey guys its boost I wanted to say this is the fourth time I was pulled over for my exhaust. I have a 2.5 inch exhuast with a high flow cat. This is not loud but wen I take off I would imagine. Here was the case: I was coasting in the slow lane at 2:30am doing like 70 in a 65 with cars around me. I knew there was a cop from his head lights so I didn't think much of it because I wasn't doing anything wrong. The trooper flys up my *** and sits behind me for like 5 minutes just prolly running my plates...now I start to worry cuz Im thinking here we go my exhuast is going to ruin my ride home lol. Then you know what happens next he puts on every light and fog light attached to his car and blinds you. My buddy had a illeagle substance on him but we hid it so I wasn't too worried. The cop was pretty chill but he told me in the state of Mass any modified exhuast is illeagle and I told him i was attending court for it already and he was like thats fine I am going to give you a reminder to change it. $100 ticket!

Old 12-12-2006, 02:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Pulled over!

Youre lucky you didnt get locked up for the weed......if he hides it in your car and the cops finds it......your buddy can deny it being his, and guess who gets charges?

Old 12-12-2006, 02:39 PM

yes in the fine state of massachusetts, it is illegal to modify your exhaust in any way to strictly create more noise (read loud mufflers etc)

but you can normally get away with a highflow cat & a small exhaust tip with no issues

i had the center pipe of my exhaust fall apart while driving on the mass pike one night, and got pulled over for it... and given a $100 ticket... i was able to prove it had just occurred, and that i was a conscienscious person and had it fixed immediately (phone log had call to father, father testified i had called him about it, purchase of soda can, hose clamps & temp exhaust tape from rest stop convenience store, receipt from repair place dated next day)

Old 12-12-2006, 06:35 PM
HCF Member

dam that sucks to live where you at. And dam cops, saying hey this is a remind to change it.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:02 PM
HCF Member

if the products you have are 50 state legal that means they are 50 STATE LEGAL

Old 12-12-2006, 07:33 PM
HCF Member

yea wtf i didnt kno that in MA that was tru lol wait a sec i live in MA! wea do u live at? here in brockton every car and truck that isnt a sportcar has a huuge 4.5 inch tip and rumbles my house 24/7 ive never heard of anyone ever getting pulled over for it......then again you cant here much with a 4.5 inch fartcan buzzing away........

Old 12-13-2006, 09:53 AM
HCF Member

yea my friend is like my bro so if i go down he will go down with me so im cool with it but he had no reason to search my car but has been before. I live in brookline/newton area so im constantly on 95 and 128. I see troopers all the time I think the trooper was bored and saw my civic with 18%tint all around so its madddd sketchy haha so he pulled me over using the exhuast as a excuse to see what im up too at that early in the morning. o well im going to court for another case with m exhaust anyways lol.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:55 AM

i would of just gotten an attitude with the pig. who cares about the fine, just let all your anger out on him lol. do what you gotta do.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:02 AM

man that must sucks move to canada we gottem loud here lol... its sort of sucks people abuse it.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:10 AM

man whats with my signature

Quick Reply: Pulled over!