General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

a question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 04:00 PM
HCF Member
Default a question.

I was at the track, and came up against a 96 hatch body style 2 seats full rollcage and didnt look like any interior just the dash and a radio. Came up against him and he said he had b18c5 with b16 head built. We raced and i lost by like 1 1/2 2 cars. is it shameful for a 93 civic coupe with gf in front seat, subs amp, and extra **** in car to loose to what i lost too?? i have come up against 350z's and won 1 2 3 gear and once we hit 4th they where gone just flew right by me.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:42 PM

At least it was at the track.

Weight reduction does make a difference. Things like subs, box, amp, girlfriend, back seat, passenger seat, interior panels, etc. can make a little difference.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by itinerant
At least it was at the track.

Weight reduction does make a difference. Things like subs, box, amp, girlfriend, back seat, passenger seat, interior panels, etc. can make a little difference.
Are you allowed to have passengers in your when racing at the track? I have never been there (yet), but thought you wouldn't be allowed to for some reason.

Itinerant, I think he his saying that the modded b18c5 was gutted and his car (93 coupe) was "weighted" down.

I guess he was a crappy driver? Or something went wrong with his car? (I am only asking these questions because it seems like you feel that you should have gotten beaten by like 5 cars) Unless you have like a beast 93 coupe and you are unware of it's beastly-ness.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Are you allowed to have passengers in your when racing at the track? I have never been there (yet), but thought you wouldn't be allowed to for some reason.

Itinerant, I think he his saying that the modded b18c5 was gutted and his car (93 coupe) was "weighted" down.

I guess he was a crappy driver? Or something went wrong with his car? (I am only asking these questions because it seems like you feel that you should have gotten beaten by like 5 cars) Unless you have like a beast 93 coupe and you are unware of it's beastly-ness.
I'm still asleep so little makes sense right now.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:39 PM
HCF Member

i member when i was little my uncle worked at the track so i went every friday to watch the racec all my older cousins raced too i went with my couzin who has a BEAST *** muustang and he raped a crotch rocket... good times

Old 04-19-2009, 06:30 PM
HCF Member

I don't know i feal like i could have done better. i feal like the torque is what is killing my car, my car has no torque, the b16 is just alot of acceleration. i feal like if i had torque i could be alot harder to beat. thinking about turbo for my b16 give it some more torque

Last edited by Cyphen; 04-19-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

At least you didn't run in Oklahoma today. had our import face off, and a civic that ran 8.2.
Thats just SICK man.. F'n SICK.